• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NAV 2009 Activation problem, requires admin

Hi all,

I just purchased NAV 2009 from the online store.

Norton 2009 keeps telling me I need to be logged on as admin to configure it, and more importanly, activate it.

I am already logged in as admin.

Is there any solution to this?

Cheers

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NAV 2009 Activation problem, requires admin

Hi Allister,

Are you running Windows Vista?

If so, try right clicking on the NAV icon and select "Run as Administrator".

If that option is not available, please see more details at this MS page .

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos1 Stats

Hi,

another tip is to turn off the User Account Control via Control Panel-->User Accounts .

It's not the "fine english art" but perhaps it will work for you. (You have to reboot)....

Cheerio Lars

Life is like an adventure- stupid story but fantastic graphics.Earlier we flew to the moon with a Commodore 64 Computer.....today we need a pentium pc to start Windows ;-)
Kudos0

Have you tried the Norton UAC gadget? It's a great improvement on UAC ..... not that anything wouldn't be, but I really like and approve of the Norton UAC
Hugh
Kudos0

Cheers Lars,

Turns out this was the problem, shame the Symantec technical support guy didnt know about this. He was all for me phoning Microsoft to get them to help me create a new windows user profile, which I was not prepared to do anyway ;) 

Thanks all.

Kudos0

I am convinced that the UAC is the device from hades and was created by Satan to destroy the world as we know it.

(Does anyone remember how to turn off MS' nag-warning that the UAC is off?)

mijN360 2013, v.20.1.0.24; Win7 Pro, SP1 (32 bit), IE 9, Firefox 14, No other active securityware

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.