• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NAV 2011 - LiveUpdate "There was an error performing the update"

I have just installed Norton Antivirus for Macintosh, version 11.0.3 on a Mac PowerPC G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11.

When trying to run LiveUpdate, I get the "There was an error performing the update" message. The Symantec support webpage gives instruction how to solve this problem (for Mac OS 10.3.9). I have followed that (in the hope that it may also work for OS 10.4.11) and installed the latest Java (Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 9) available for my system. After restart, LiveUpdate still doesn't work.
My Internet connection is NOT through a proxy server.
Can anyone help me with getting LiveUpdate to work, please?!
Many thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NAV 2011 - LiveUpdate "There was an error performing the update"

I have just installed Norton Antivirus for Macintosh, version 11.0.3 on a Mac PowerPC G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11.

When trying to run LiveUpdate, I get the "There was an error performing the update" message. The Symantec support webpage gives instruction how to solve this problem (for Mac OS 10.3.9). I have followed that (in the hope that it may also work for OS 10.4.11) and installed the latest Java (Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 9) available for my system. After restart, LiveUpdate still doesn't work.
My Internet connection is NOT through a proxy server.
Can anyone help me with getting LiveUpdate to work, please?!
Many thanks

Kudos0

It doesn't sound like you found this link, about updating to LU 5.1.2 (it doesn't refer to 10.3.9 specifically):

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20100414123129EN&ln=en_US

Kudos0

Thanks for your response. I have currently LU 5.1.1 installed. Have not upgraded to 5.1.2 because it tells me on the download page that 5.1.2 is for OS 10.5. and 10.6.  - I am running OS 10.4.11

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I am not sure why it doesn't include 10.4, since I believe it's needed for all NAV 11.x users and that version supports 10.4.  I would recommend trying it.  You have the original NAV installer in case it makes matters worse for some reason, correct?  (Not that I expect any issues, just as a backup).

Kudos0

yes, that's done it!

thank you so much for your help - greatly appreciated!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.