• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NAV for Mac Version 11.1.2 is not working properly on Mac after install OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Hi!

I'm using Norton Antivirus 11.1.2.  

After Installing Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite...  LiveUpdate, Symantec Alerts and Auto-Protect is not working anymore!

When I try to run this features a message like this is showed:

"You need to install Java Runtime Environment to run this Web Content" plus "There was an Error performing this update"

Note: My Java is up to Date to the lasted version!

Any Help?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NAV for Mac Version 11.1.2 is not working properly on Mac after install OSX 10.10 Yosemite

I have the same problem.  I tried to reinstall Norton Antivirus but it failed. The installer is checking for 0S X versions greater than 10.4.  The installer must only be checking one digit in the sub version as 10.10 is obviously greater than 10.4.  It when it does its check it thinks 10.10 is 10.1 ignoring the following 0 of the second 10.

Kudos0

Re: NAV for Mac Version 11.1.2 is not working properly on Mac after install OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Hi,

Same problem when trying to reinstall!  So I give up!

Notice also that Norton has discontinued Norton Antivirus for Mac and replaced it by a new multi-platform family... a new product called Norton Security.

So this way,  I download it yesterday  and I'm testing it in my iMac.

Product Name: Norton Security - Version 6.1. Well,  is free trial for the moment. Let's see if it works ok, before buy it! 

Thank you for your feedback!

Kudos0

Been having the same problem since Yosemite install, in addition, my LiveUpdate stopped working as well.  The latest JRE from Oracle did not help either, found this on the web, installed and all problems went away.  This is actually for Java 6.

Java for OS X 2014-001 http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?v...S&locale=en_US

Kudos0

Hello,

Well, i'm using JAVA 8 (latest version).  Seams NAV 11 is not compatible with it!  

Furthermore Norton Security 6.1 is working fine!

Do you know if Apple has approved the JAVA 8?

Do you think it's worth the Downgrade?  

Thanks you. 

Kudos0

Below link has Java versions for OSX 10.10

Make sure you always have the latest.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_10_10.xml

SunilkumarSoftware Engineer, Mac ProductsSymantec Corporation
Kudos0

I actually have JRE 8U25 installed on my iMac and the problem stayed the same until I installed the JRE 6.x from the Apple support link.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.