• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

NAV/NIS 2010 beta.

NAV/NIS 2010 beta.
I just saw it there.
http://www.symantec.com/norton/beta/
You can register then download it if you want to test it.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NAV/NIS 2010 beta.

it's still coming soon - it's been like that for a week now.... hopefully it'll get released before the end of the month
----------------------------------NIS 20.2.1.22Windows 7 64bit
Kudos1 Stats

cinek wrote:
it's still coming soon - it's been like that for a week now.... hopefully it'll get released before the end of the month
Correct. The Beta version is not yet available for download.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

I've never understood why Security Companies Release Next Year's Security Product the Year before, e.g. N.I.S. 2010 being Releaed in 2009; anyone know why this is?  Surely would make sense to Release N.I.S. 2009 in - 2009!

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

I think this is just marketing... If you buy (or update) late 2009 to the next version, here 2010, then you will be fully protected for the year of 2010, and will have the latest security things, or somethink like that...

But if Symantec would sell the product with the version numbers, I think it wouldnt be so popular, and for the average user it's much easier to know which version (s)he has, if it is named after the "actual" year. For them it's not so easy to follow every version, and they mostly don't care...
Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

cinek wrote:

No, some people already can download it from there.
You can Click "Norton Internet Security 2010 " in front of the (Coming Soon).
Then register and download the beta downloader.

Some people had already installed it.
This version is with Cloud Heuristics and look like NIS 2009.

[edit: Removed image.]

Message Edited by ONE on 06-27-2009 06:30 AMMessage Edited by ONE on 06-27-2009 06:33 AMMessage Edited by ONE on 06-27-2009 06:45 AMMessage Edited by ONE on 06-27-2009 06:48 AMMessage Edited by shannons on 06-27-2009 07:06 AM
Kudos0

I can confirm that it is downloadable (in South Africa). I am currently downloading the beta; its 71.3mb for the NAV version, probably about 100 for NIS I'd guess. Can't see any posts or documents about whats new/improved etc.

On holiday in the mountains! I'm getting like 3kb/s :-(

Matt

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."- Mark Twain
Kudos2 Stats

NIS 2010 is not available for public beta at this time. We do not recommend downloading or installing any pre-release Symantec software that is not supplied directly from Symantec. Please refrain from discussing pre-release pirated software on our forums.

Kudos0

Stay tuned. Norton Beta is set to go live shortly.

I see that above.

I wonder when the beta will be released?

Kudos0

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I have to say sorry.
I saw it on Symantec site, so I think NIS 2010 start beta at that time.
I will wait for pubilc beta and join the test.
Kudos0

Moved to NIS/NAV 2010 Public Beta Board for better exposure.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.