• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Need an opinion on NIS 2012

Hi.

I am using NIS 2011 without incident. Curiously, have there been more problems with 2012 "out of the gate" than with 2011?

How long should I hold off on upgrading? 1st patch release? I'm a bit apprehensive.

Thanks,

Atomic_Blast

"Every day is just another increment on the bell curve of life."

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Need an opinion on NIS 2012

This seems to happen every year. Identical machines can respond differently, so there is a lot of systemic stuff, as well as a couple of bugs to work through.  When things quiet down on the forum, it usually means that they have been worked out, worked around, or are a feature of the product.

There is no rush to upgrade, and no time limit.  Might as well watch the forum for a while to see how it all pans out.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Hello Atomic_Blast,

The thing you should remember is that there are hundreds of thousands, millions even who have upgraded without any issues or major problems to the latest version of NIS 2012. Although you read about the problems on these forums, which is the place to be if you want fast and reliable help, for the vast majority of people there are no probs. I have upgraded to the new version on two desktop and one laptop without any conflicts.

I would say go ahead and give it a go!

Kudos0

NIS 2012 is working great for me as was NIS 2011 before that.  As mentioned, it is usually the minority who post on forums about any problems they're having.  The vast majority of users have none and therefore have no reason to post.  Other forums I frequent are the same as here with predominantly all threads stating "my PC keeps crashing" etc.  - you get the drift.

Kudos0

Hi Atomic Blast,

You can go a head and install it and many have installed it without any issues and its more faster and secure.

Regards,

Sagar

Kudos0

I participated in the beta testing - had very few issues - all in all, it was a very good beta. I now have upgraded NIS 2011 to the official release of 2012. Running fine. No issues to speak of. I much prefer 2012 to 2011.

Windows 7 64-bit

Kudos1 Stats

Norton Internet Security 2012 is good, me my self is using NIS 2012 and i have had no problems at all.

But you have to remember that computer and system is unique it self.

But if you want to be on the safe side, uninstall your recent Norton product, via the controll panel and then use Norton Removal Tool och restart your computer and reinstall NIS 2012 on your computer and after that you run Liveupdate until you have all updates from Liveupdate.

Remember to have your product key at hand, so you can activate your Norton Product.

Good Luck with your decision.

Kudos0

Hi folks!

First off, thanks for all your replies. I feel that I am being lobbied by politicians!

I am going to upgrade later today.

If there are any problems, believe me, you will know (hence my name) 

Atomic Blast

Kudos0

Atomic_Blast wrote:

Hi folks!

First off, thanks for all your replies. I feel that I am being lobbied by politicians!

I am going to upgrade later today.

If there are any problems, believe me, you will know (hence my name) 

Atomic Blast

I'll hide under my desk .....

Which upgrade route are you going to use?

1  Support / Version Upgrade (or whatever it's called on 2011)

2  Download Manager to download files and then install them

3  Downlod the one piece installation file?

I've done an XP and a Windows 7 32 bit by route 1 and had no problems ....

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi Hugh:

I used the Download Manager via the New Version Check.

Some weird things, but I got past them.

It's now installed.

Atomic Blast

Kudos0

Thanks for your patience ....

Hugh
Kudos0

All,

I find the GUI to be sluggish.

Personally, I would go back to 2011, but I remember bugs with that product too in the beginning, so I will "bit the bullet" and stay with 2012. Things will get better.

Atomic_Blast

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.