• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

New Ccleaner # 5.40.6411

New Ccleaner #  5.40.6411 has been released for more info and to download go to http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds (link is external) 10.5 mb in size. WATCH for the adon Avast/Chrome download window check box!!!!! Note the slim version with out the ad on will be available in a few days System Requirements Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. 

Release Notes

v5.40.6411 (13 Feb 2018)

Browser Cleaning
- Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule

Windows Cleaning
- Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule

General
- Minor improvements to user interface
- Minor bug fixes

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: New Ccleaner # 5.40.6411

ALF60:

New Ccleaner #  5.40.6411 has been released...WATCH for the adon Avast/Chrome download window check box!!!!! Note the slim version with out the ad on will be available in a few days...

Further to ALF60's warning, Avast (the new owners of Piriform) claim they have solved a known issue where users installing the standard (desktop) version of CCleaner Free would sometimes see Avast Antivirus installed on their system without their permission. Avast claims the problem would only happen when CCleaner was installed during "high system load" (e.g. if a scheduled update check or background virus scan was running at the same time as the CCleaner installation), causing the user consent window to fail to display before CCleaner began to install.  Avast now claims that the problem has been solved with this month's v5.40 installer, although I assume that users will still be required to decline (uncheck) the offer for any unwanted bundled software like Chrome / Avast in the CCleaner installation wizard.  See their official response in nukecad's CCleaner thread Problem with Installer Bundle Offer?.

Instead of waiting a week or so for the release of the slim build, I've tried to avoid problems with bundled software by switching from the standard version of CCleaner Free to the portable version offered at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds and running CCleaner from a USB thumb drive.
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.6.0 * NS v22.12.0.104 * CCleaner Portable v5.40.6411

Kudos1 Stats

Kudos0

Hi lmacri and bjm, Thanks for the info. I use the portable ccleaner  download  to update the program . Just a side note that Piriform has been delaying the release of the portable version for a few hours after the posting of the new update.

Kudos0

FWIW ~ when I run the standard installer as usual on my host.  I do not see offer for bundled software.   When I run the standard installer sandbox'd.  I do see offer for bundled software.  

Perhaps, the standard installer run as usual can see that I already have ...e.g., Chrome and security software.

Kudos0

I lost faith in CCleaner when Avast took over. Now using Wise Disk Cleaner, and don't see myself going back

Windows 10 X64 Fall Creators Update 1709