• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

New EAP Build 22.9.1.12

Hello,

Just wanted to report the new EAP Build 22.9.1.2 is running smoothly so far on Windows 10 x64 Build 15061.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New EAP Build 22.9.1.12

At least you could get it installed.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hi

I am running version 22.8.1.14 and no matter how often I run liveupdate , I never get the patch to update to 22.9.1.12 All that happens is that I get told that I am up to date "Your Norton product has the latest production updates"

Windows build version 1607 (OS build 14393.953) 64 Bit

Kudos0

I have dropped EAP Build 22.9.1.12 into my Virtual machine, clean install, so far no issues, install and set up was smooth.

Kudos0

Hey Krusty13 & atkinra,

Have you guys tried installing from version 22.8.0.50? That is the build I installed from.

Also make sure "Early Adapter Program" is enabled in settings.

Kudos0

Hi NUBEE,

No, I don't have a copy of 22.8 but if they can't make the EAP tool compatible with 22.9 I'll pass.  The tool says it works with 22.9.

Or perhaps you need to be a US citizen with this build?

Kudos0

Yes you're right. I believe your location is the reason it won't install.

I think you must be physically located in the US to be eligible for EAP-6 as was the case for previous EAP's, even though this was not listed as a prerequisite.

Kudos0

You only needed an English OS and location with the later versions.  I ran all but the first I think.

Kudos0

@Mohan_G,

Is this why I can't join the EAP now?

Thanks,
Dave

Kudos0

@Krusty13,

It should work with english OS regardless of the country.

Also the tool is compatible with 22.9 build

Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Mohanakrishnan G | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi @atkinra,

Hi

I am running version 22.8.1.14 and no matter how often I run liveupdate , I never get the patch to update to 22.9.1.12 All that happens is that I get told that I am up to date "Your Norton product has the latest production updates"

Windows build version 1607 (OS build 14393.953) 64 Bit

Did you Signup for the Early Adopter Program?

Could you please check if you are still enrolled to the program (EAP branding on the Norton main UI), if not you need to run the tool from here.

Kudos0

Hi, I downloaded the tool, v6, and it says no valid registered license or product to participate in EAP.
Using 22.9.1.12 and no more updates. Registered with my email showing in the top. 
Using W10 15063 (Creators Update Build) 1703. (64 bit)

Windows 10 *64 TP - Lastest Official - Fast Channel.
Kudos0

Hi pbmcmixxi,

I don't think the tool is compatible with build 22.9.1.12. It was used with previous builds.

Currently there are no EAP builds available but you probably would need a new EAP tool to use with 22.9.1.12, otherwise you need to install a previous build, as stated in the forum, to activate EAP with the EAP-6 tool.

Kudos0

Hi @pbmcmlxxi,

Could you please verify if all the conditions are met? 

1. Operating System Language - US English Only
  2. Product - Norton Security / Norton Security with Backup
  3. Product Version - 22.8.0.50 / 22.8.1.14 / 22.9.071
  4. Product State - Activated (Not Expired)
  5. Product is registered with a Norton Account
  6. OS Version – Windows 7 or greater
Kudos0

Not sure about the English US only, as a previous post by Norton said any English would now work.
Going on the basis that I previously had EAP working and I've not formatted my PC - Just upgraded the Insider builds, same OS language, I would say US English is installed. I already confirmed the rest of the details. 

I'm with (stupid forum - can't see the other post whilst writing - apologies the person above Mohan's reply for not naming you as can't see your name!!) the person above you, in their summary, probably as I'm already on version 22.9.1.12 the EAP6 tool does not recognise it as a valid product, if it was 22.9.071 then it probably would. 

A bizarre method your tool works to verify this, would be less hindrance if not version specific and allowed you to register for insider builds, and then with a setting in the programme you can enable/disable EAP builds. If enabled whenever a new EAP build comes out it would automatically pick up etc. 

To some degree, the nice way MS have for people to sign up for insider builds within a product would be a better option than a tool to download. If it was built in a product, you click to enable - it could then automatically check you are licenced etc. Less steps, potentially more testers, and less issues people have with installing the EAP tool. :) 

(Edit - now saved I can edit to add - 'NUBEE' - as named person)

Windows 10 *64 TP - Lastest Official - Fast Channel.