• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

New to Norton 360 on Vista. Help me out?

Windows Live OneCare protected me wonderfully until yesterday when it ceased operations. Norton 360 is what I booted.

What I want to know is why my start-up has slowed considerably after switching. MSN and AIM don't seem to be loading at boot anymore either.

I use Firefox and was wondering if there was a way to disable the information bar, but still have it carry out operations. Can it at least be moved? Finally, I've noticed a problem where I type something, hit enter or submit, hit backspace, and have what I typed disappear or return to what it looked like when I first viewed it. Before installing 360, this was not the case

I also assume I should ignore the tracking cookie minimal threat if I don't want to re-enter my log-in information each time I open my browser? Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New to Norton 360 on Vista. Help me out?

I managed to hide the information bar, but everything else is unresolved.
Kudos0

What happened to Windows Live OneCare?Message Edited by dbrisendine on 05-01-2009 11:13 PM
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

For the month of April I received notices that OneCare was being discontinued after April 30, 2009.

Start-up is fine now, so this leaves me with one problem.

"I've noticed a problem where I type something, hit enter or submit, hit backspace, and have what I typed disappear or return to what it looked like when I first viewed it. Before installing 360, this was not the case."

Kudos0

Hi tooham,

Do you continue to see this problem? Let us know if this is resolved as well.

Thanks,

TomV

Norton Forums Moderator

Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.