• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

New update 22.15.1

My Norton stopped working or that seems attached some screenshots try to open it but does not respond, open the container folder and saw folder with the new version 22.15.1

I like to feel safe so I do periodic tests and discovered that I can test my antivirus with the EICAR file I downloaded the file and my antivirus worked well except that showed no notification of having done so.

Yesterday was fine with  22.15.0.88 should leave it or reinstall it again.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New update 22.15.1

Hi @Arkangel,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. I have sent you a private message requesting and more details for further investigation. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Have you restarted your computer, then run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available? I had to do this and got a second Patch to install. After another LiveUpdate run and restart, everything seems to work correctly for me.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello

I also received 2 patches which showed up 1 at a time. After getting the initial download and that installed, I restarted my computer when it showed I had to Apply now or later. After restarting the 2nd time, I found a 2nd patch,  so I once again restarted so that the patch got applied so I wouldn't have to close up various programs.

I would 2nd peterweb's procedure.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.16.2.22 Core Firmware 270 I E 11
Kudos0

this is thee real logs sorry for the mistake.

[Admin Edit: Logs collected and removed from post]

Kudos0

I can only use the autohelp and start scan hope if enought.

Kudos0

The Norton Security update bogged down my and my wife's laptops on initial restart. So much so it appeared frozen at times. However, I let it take it's time and the laptops came back to life. I restarted again, and things moved more quickly. Then, I ran live update again. Some more updates were picked up. Then, restart and everything seems to be okay. It appears NS is using a small amount of additional resources on my laptops which I don't much care about anyway.

Kudos0

Here the complete logs.

Kudos0

I have same issue - Norton Security with Backup don't start from system tray or by doubleclicking to icon. Windows told me that there is no protection.

Afrer Reinstall and reboot (via NRrR) Norton works fine, but fails at next reboot 

Kudos0

Hi @dmi76,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Can you please confirm second installation of Norton product was updated to latest version 22.15.1.8? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi,

I have reinstalled Norton four times via Norton Remove and Reinstall. Now i can download only 22.15.0.88. I have only one entry of 22.15.1.8 - few files in directory "C:\Program Files\Norton Security\Norton Security with Backup\MUI\22.15.1.8".

Current version 22.15.0.88 and this version doesn't  work for me after reboot.

Kudos0

After reinstall the antimalware of defender process is still active, i did the restar severall times to be sure i have all upddates. 

Kudos0

Finally is working after the second reinstall ann download version 22.15.0.88 came the first update (patch) 172.91MB i did aply now and the norton close and open itself and firts restart, later the version 22.15.1.8 is installed first update and other patch the norton again close and star again itselt and i did other restart and now is all ok no more updates no more problem thanks all,

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.