• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

New version 21.3.0.12 cooming soon?

Hello,

I just downloaded an update through LU 10+ mb and should be the first part of the new version 20.3.0.12.

Two new folders "21.3.0.12" have been added to C:/Program File/Norton Internet Security/ "Engine" + "MUI".
No reboot is required and the version remains unchanged.
At the moment, the update still does not appear on Product Update Announcements which will probably be updated soon.

Sandro

Sandro

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New version 21.3.0.12 cooming soon?

Hello,

I just downloaded an update through LU 10+ mb and should be the first part of the new version 20.3.0.12.

Two new folders "21.3.0.12" have been added to C:/Program File/Norton Internet Security/ "Engine" + "MUI".
No reboot is required and the version remains unchanged.
At the moment, the update still does not appear on Product Update Announcements which will probably be updated soon.

Sandro

Sandro
Kudos0

Hi, Sandro. I just got the update, today. New version number is 21.3.0.12. I7+ MB download, so it looks like the whole package.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos1 Stats

Hi F4E,

This is what I downloaded

first LU:
MUI, NIS, MUIDIR = 35.27 kb

second LU:
ENGINE, NIS, INSTALLDIR = 10,48 mb

As you said since your GUI is English you will be updated to the new version earlier than those who use a localized version.
Both, like many others are waiting to see what the update contains and what it fixes.

These are always good news   

Sandro
Kudos0

Got the update as well. Now listed as 21.3.0.12 under Support/About. Waiting on release notes.....

Kudos0

Hi all,

I too can confirm that. Got latest version 21.3.0.12. About 18MB in manual LU, rebootless but had to install a patch.

These were the updated components:

Engine,NIS,INSTALLDIR
Norton Virus Definitions x64
Norton Web Protection Definitions
Norton Pulse Updates
Norton IPS Definitions
Norton Whitelist
Norton Safe Web Statistics
Norton Antispam Definitions
Norton Reputation Revocation List
MUI,NIS,MUIDIR

So, as expected, a new version came in May :). No official announcements and change logs still now:(!

regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

New version 21.3.0.12 received here too.  

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

I haven't received anything yet.  Norton servers must not like me.

Semper ubi sub ubi
Kudos0

@ Inquirer:
Try shutdown and start up and manual LU again
or
wait for the server to issue local version.
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Hi, Nikhil_CV.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll be shutting down this computer soon for the day.  I'll a run manual LiveUpdate later tonight when I turn it back on.   

Semper ubi sub ubi
Kudos0

Thank you for sharing cv,

I just wanted to point out that the parts needed to be upgraded to v.21.3.0.12 are only 2, ENGINE,NIS,INSTALLDIR and MUI,NIS,MUIDIR, while all the others are the usual ones are downloaded and installed whatever the new version.

As you said is a bit strange to have received the update from many hours now without any official announcement.

@Rainbow_2,

Hi Laura,

If I remember correctly, you are using NIS in language other than English and you have been upgraded to the new version anyway, correct?

Thanks,
Sandro

Sandro
Kudos0

Sandro_cm wrote:

[…]

@Rainbow_2,

Hi Laura,

If I remember correctly, you are using NIS in language other than English and you have been upgraded to the new version anyway, correct?

Thanks,
Sandro

I'm running NIS in English language...

Cheers!

Kudos1 Stats

Inquirer wrote:

I haven't received anything yet.  Norton servers must not like me.

No, Inquirer, the reason is a different one...it's just that this kind of update is usually released in a phased manner, I guess to avoid jamming up the servers. 

Kudos0

Rainbow_2 wrote:

I'm running NIS in English language...

Cheers!

Thanks for clarifying, I remembered wrong  

Sandro
Kudos0

Hi, Rainbow_2.

I knew that.  I was just being facetious. 

Semper ubi sub ubi
Kudos0

Just received new version 21.3.0.12 this morning. Working fine, no problems.

"Top Safe Web Reviewer with over 23,000 Reviews."
Kudos2 Stats

Tony Weiss just posted information on the v. 21.3.0.12 update here in the Product Update Announcements board.

This update includes a new client with a secure version of OpenSSL to address issues related to the Heartbleed Vulnerability bug as well as a few minor bug fixes.  Here's the list of changes from Tony's announcement:

- Added a new client with updated and secure version of OpenSSL- Patched IDSafe which also picks up the new client build- Fixed an issue where Norton Product crashes when Norton Tasks window kept open. [Link]- Fixed an issue where users were unable to login/logout from the Norton Main User Interface [Link 1] [Link 2]- Few in-field fixes
-----------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 29.0 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.4.0.40
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Hi,

I put this thread as solved since the Product Update Announcements has been posted

http://community.norton.com/t5/Product-Update-Announcements/Product-Update-21-3-of-Norton-Internet-Security-and-Norton/ba-p/1134570

Regards,
Sandro

Sandro
Kudos0

Heartbleed vulnerability? It's kinda late for Norton to respond to this, isn't?

cheers!
Kudos1 Stats

We can call it a late Confession from Norton by Symantec......... :D
The product manual, which was provided by Symantec with my NIS  clearly states its usage of OpenSSL here (file:///C: /Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Norton%20Internet%20Security/Branding/21.1.1.7/09/01/Readme.htm).
(So was the update to protect users or norton ?)

EXtracted from it:

OpenSSL v0.9.8y

Copyright (c) 1998-2011.

The OpenSSL Project.

All rights reserved.

Copyright (C) 1995-1998.

Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com)

All rights reserved.

This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit

(http://www.openssl.org/)

This product includes software written by Tim Hudson (tjh@cryptsoft.com)

Copyright (c) 1998-2011.

The OpenSSL Project.

All rights reserved.

Kudos2 Stats

tancheeping wrote:

Heartbleed vulnerability? It's kinda late for Norton to respond to this, isn't?

Hi tancheeping:

The following is a quote from the KB article titled Information on Norton Products and the Heartbleed Vulnerability:

...an Intrusion Prevention Signature was released on April 10th. This signature detects malformed payload lengths in the heartbeat request communications that are sent between Norton products and servers. This signature stops and blocks the Heartbleed vulnerability from affecting your Norton product. An update that will permanently fix affected Norton products will be released in the coming weeks.

Someone from Symantec would have to confirm, but I believe that the latest v. 21.3.0.12 product update is the permanent fix for NIS v. 21.x users that was promised in that support article.

-----------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 29.0 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.4.0.40 * NirSoft BlueScreenView v. 1.52
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Kudos0

So is there an associated update for NIS 2012 and 2013?
Kudos0

Received new version 21.3.0.12 today. Good work.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

I finally got it tonight!

Semper ubi sub ubi
Kudos0

Hello

Here is the link for the new version that is coming out in a phased in manner

http://community.norton.com/t5/Product-Update-Announcements/Product-Update-21-3-of-Norton-Internet-Security-Norton-AntiVirus/ba-p/1134570

There are also various blogs that are listed including what is heartblleed. Usually, the English version is phasized out first and if no problems, then the other languages will be given out.  I'm sure that the announcement wil be updated by the Admins as soon as they find out about the updates being given out and how they are being given out and to whom also. Hope this explains some things.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi, tancheeping. As Imacri has said, Symantec issued a patch protection on April 10 for the Heartbleed threat

With regard to this latest update as mentioned by Tony Weiss, it fixes other issues as well.

I'm sure all we users would prefer to wait for a fully tested patch, rather than one that's been rushed out. 

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2014/21.3/NISNAV/US/NAV-ESD-21.3.0.12-EN.exe
http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2014/21.3/NISNAV/US/NAV-UpgradeESDND-21.3.0.12-EN.exe
http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2014/21.3/NISNAV/US/NIS-ESD-21.3.0.12-EN.exe
http
://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2014/21.3/NISNAV/US/NIS-UpgradeESDND-21.3.0.12-EN.exe

Kudos0

i have two Folders since 15.may , 21.2.0.38 - 21.3.0.12 , but no Version Chance in NIS , its still 21.2.0.38.

Kudos0

Voyager10 wrote:

i have two Folders since 15.may , 21.2.0.38 - 21.3.0.12 , but no Version Chance in NIS , its still 21.2.0.38.

Have you run LiveUpdate (rebooting if requested) until LiveUpdte responds with the specific words "no updates found"?    If so another reboot will not hurt abnything!

Kudos0

of course , reboot two times and no update found. its still version 21.2

Edit:

i have german NIS , will not use english downloads from other "ferenzzz" post.

Kudos0

NIS still eats 0CPU core when you open & close at least few times Google Chrome with flash videos.

Good work...

Kudos1 Stats

Voyager10 wrote:

of course , reboot two times and no update found. its still version 21.2

Edit:

i have german NIS , will not use english downloads from other "ferenzzz" post.

Hi Voyager10,

I think you might fall withing point 5. of the Product Update Announcement, reading:

"5. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong? 

Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in 2 parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated."

In addition, although point 4. When will I receive the patch?, doesn't mention it, I remember that in the past the initial phased release was to English (version) customers. Maybe they did the same with this latest update? It seems so, in fact I'm in Italy, running NIS in English, and I've already received the full update and my NIS is now v21.3.0.12. ***

EDIT:   ***While, when I had  NIS in Italian I used to receive the second (final) part after about a week (I don't remember exactly...), and at that time NIS version would change.

Kudos0

Hello

I believe that the foreign languages are available now, at least some of them. Try this

http://norton.com/latestnis

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot wrote:

Hello

I believe that the foreign languages are available now, at least some of them. Try this

http://norton.com/latestnis

The link is still giving v21.2... so I guess it will anyway have to wait for the release to foreign languages of the update to v21.3.

Kudos0

Hello Rainbow

Sorry Rainbow, I was going according to what I saw in our other place.

Kudos0

fp:
> Try this
> http://norton.com/latestnis

rb2:
> The link is still giving v21.2

Correct.

> so I guess it will anyway have to wait for the release to foreign languages of the update to v21.3.

Norton has a history of not having the latest version of nis available for manual download.

Scenario:  uninstall, download nis, install and you find that it is _not_ the current version.

Run liveupdate and it then updates to the actual current version.  e.g., from 21.2 to 21.3 or whatever.

I am not talking about running live update after an install to get the small stuff like current definitions, etc.

This is a really poor policy.  Norton has a history of sometimes leaving huge amounts of old files around after a version update, e.g, 100 MB or more.

If I'm going to upgrade versions (e.g, from 20.x to 21.x) I want to install the _actual current version_ (21.3).

When I do an uninstall I also remove all the files that NIS fails to delete during the uninstall process.

The last thing I want is to install a "new version" that isn't.  And then run liveupdate, have it install the actual new version, and leave 100's of MB of old files lying around.

That's just nonsense.

Kudos0

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I've just received the second part of the update for the Italian version and now I'm on version 21.3.
I think many are receiving or will receive this update soon for even for localized versions, despite the fact that the announcement hasn't yet been updated.

Apparently, it seems that everything is working properly, doing some tests I noticed that what promised to solve with this update has been maintained.

Sandro

Sandro

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.