• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NIS 2009 Firewall Alert only allows two choices, 'Allow always' or 'Block this instance'

Running trial on NIS 2009 with Vista 64 bit OS. Set Advanced Program Control off in Firewall Advanced Settings. I prefer to see the firewall alerts and decide to block/allow each request. The problem is there are only two choices presented, 'Allow always' or 'Block this instance'. What hapened to the other choices that should be presented, 'Block always', 'Allow this instance' and 'Manually create a firewall rule'? Is this a bug in NIS 2009? Am I doing something wrong?

regards

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2009 Firewall Alert only allows two choices, 'Allow always' or 'Block this instance'

Try turning off advanced event monitoring. But when you do that then you don't have everything else like key logger. I guess its the way its made.
Real Time Protection = NIS 2009 + NATBehavior Analysis = ThreatfireOn Demand = MBAM
Kudos0

Re: NIS 2009 Firewall Alert only allows two choices, 'Allow always' or 'Block this instance'

@Dieselman743,

Thanks for the quick reply, your suggestion works but as you said you then don't have the various features like key logger etc. Seems to me this should be changed in the next update to NIS 2009. Even if it isn't a 'bug' it should be considered a good improvement.

Best Regards

Kudos0

For certain events, the only options will be "Allow always" or "Block this instance", for example, the Program Component Monitoring alert.  In that case, we either allow this DLL to be loaded everytime, or block the whole program from accessing network temporarily.

Please take a look at help files for more information.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.