• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2010 prompting for "required restart". Second time it's done so recently.

I had NIS 2010 ask me to restart my system about 2 weeks ago which I did assuming it might be related to this post even though that post specifically refers to NIS 2009 not NIS 2010.

Well I'm getting asking again to restart today.  What's with these frequent updates requiring restarts lately?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2010 prompting for "required restart". Second time it's done so recently.

I had NIS 2010 ask me to restart my system about 2 weeks ago which I did assuming it might be related to this post even though that post specifically refers to NIS 2009 not NIS 2010.

Well I'm getting asking again to restart today.  What's with these frequent updates requiring restarts lately?

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2010 prompting for "required restart". Second time it's done so recently.

Morac wrote:

With any major software updates a reboot is often required - it's necessary so that all windows programs are shut down so that the upgrade/update can be completed.  In use files can often interfere with a successful install of the software being updated.

HTH

EDIT TO ADD:

Also read the sticky topic here about this action:  http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Minor-product-patch-displays-quot-Restart-Required-quot/m-p/209857

Kudos0

Yes I referenced that sticky thread in my post.   The stick thread does not list that it applies to NIS 2010.  Also it implies that there would only be one minor product patch, not a bi-weekly one.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.