• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NIS 2010 when?

when will we see NIS 2010 beta/final version? There probably is some particular month, but since I'm new to NIS, I don't know when it is lol

thanks in advance

Message Edited by cinek on 06-02-2009 03:43 PM
----------------------------------NIS 20.2.1.22Windows 7 64bit

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2010 when?

Please be patient. It won't take long ;)
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos2 Stats

Hi Cinek,

The NIS 2009 Public Beta was released on the month of July 2008, and so you can expect the release of NIS 2010 Public Beta during the month of July this year(or may be early). You can constantly check on the Norton Beta Center for any available Betas, it will get updated first whenever any Beta Product is released. 

The Norton AntiVirus/Internet Security 2009 was released and available for purchase in Symantec store from 09-09-2008.  So, I think you can expect the release of Norton 2010 around that time period.(August-September of 2009).

Yogesh

Kudos0

yogesh -

How many features are going to be added to NIS '10.

I really don't have the money to upgrade from NIS '09. Is it a must have?

Marty

Kudos0

Actually, you will know all this when we know all this.
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Yes, but what is Symantec's upgrade policy?

Will I need to upgrade or can I just continue with NIS '09?

Marty.

Kudos2 Stats

Upgrade / Update policy has been that if you have a current subscription to a Norton 2006 product or later (2006 ~ 2009) you are eligible to update to the latest version for free if you want to.  You do not have to and it keeps the same number of days on your subscription as you currently have.  A discussion on versions and subscriptions can be found here .  If you have further questions please come back and ask.

Kudos0

Upgrade for free?

Really.

OK, i'm happier now.

thanx.

Marty.

Kudos0

Hi CPA -

Yes, if you have a valid license you will be able to upgrade for *free*. Just need your original Product Key.

I will post the link when the software has been officially released.

Please be patient.

TIA  

CompumindNIS 2009, XP-SP3, Vista-SP2, IE 8
Kudos0

Compumind is right. With norton you can update for free. Meaning you can get the latest version of your norton product as long as you have a current subscription. Now lets say you have NIS 2009 right now. When NIS 2010 is released, you will not be forced to update. Liveupdate will continue to recieve updates as it always does (again, assuming you have that existing subscription), but will not update itself to NIS 2010 unless you buy NIS 2010 in a store (in which case it comes with a new subscription so you can hit 2 birds with one stone that way), or you can download it for free from the norton web site.
Kudos0

Say you have Norton AntiVirus 2008 and you want to Upgrade to N.I.S. 2009; you cannot do this because it is a differnet Product.  You can only do it Norton AntiVirus > Norton AntiVirus [Latest Version] and the same Applies to Norton Internet Security.

________________________________________________________--

dbrisendine: How can you "Upgrade" N.I.S. 2009 to N.I.S. 2009?  ;)

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

Floating Red is right. Since NIS in the store costs about $20 more than NAV it would be unfair to those who paid the higher price for NIS to find out that people who bought NAV could upgrade to the better program for free.
Kudos0

hi

When Norton 2010 well release ?

Kudos0

We don't know an exact date but if it follows the same pattern as in the past, it will be sometime this fall.  But as always it will be released when it is finished testing and is done.
Kudos0

We still need to start the beta, so it will take some time from now.

Although 

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Maybe in august or september...I think.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.