• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2010 Wireless Connectivity Problem

I have been having wireless connectivity issues since I installed NIS 2010. Several times a day I loose my connection to the router and the only way to fix it is to reboot.  I uninstalled NIS 2010, used the NRT, and reinstalled.  It did not fix the problem.  I have Vista SP2 64 bit. Is anybody else having similar problems?  This did not happen with NIS09.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2010 Wireless Connectivity Problem

I have been having wireless connectivity issues since I installed NIS 2010. Several times a day I loose my connection to the router and the only way to fix it is to reboot.  I uninstalled NIS 2010, used the NRT, and reinstalled.  It did not fix the problem.  I have Vista SP2 64 bit. Is anybody else having similar problems?  This did not happen with NIS09.
Kudos0

I too am having issues with connectivity. Apparently there's an issue with my sonar and it's trying to connect with one of the servers and it's not connecting to resolve the issue. I'm working with on Vista system as well.
Kudos0

Zini316 wrote:
I too am having issues with connectivity. Apparently there's an issue with my sonar and it's trying to connect with one of the servers and it's not connecting to resolve the issue. I'm working with on Vista system as well.
I went back to NIS09.  I could not find a way to fix the wireless connectivity problems I was having with NIS 2010.
Kudos0

Do you see anything stranmge when you look in your history?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Stu wrote:
Do you see anything stranmge when you look in your history?
I checked the history before I rolled back to NIS09.  There was nothing unusual.  The only strange behavior was with the Network Map.  After loosing the connection to the router it took a long time for the map to open and when it finally did my laptop had disappeared from the map.  The other laptop on my network was still there but mine was not.
Kudos0

Do you see anything weird in the Windows System activity history such as DHCP failing or what not during the times you lost connection?

Also when you had a problem, did you try repairing your connection before rebooting?

Kudos0

Morac wrote:

Do you see anything weird in the Windows System activity history such as DHCP failing or what not during the times you lost connection?

Also when you had a problem, did you try repairing your connection before rebooting?

I checked the windows event log.  There was nothing weird.  One thing I tried was to put the laptop into sleep mode and see if it connected when it came of sleep mode.  Guess what?  The laptop froze as soon as I hit the sleep button and I had to hold down the power button for a hard reset. This never happened before I installed NIS 2010 and was the deciding factor in rolling back to NIS09.  Now I'm hoping that NIS09 will work normally.  I have to wait and see.
Kudos0

Hi car825,

I have sent you a PM for more information.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.