• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2011 slows down laptop

my laptop is toshiba satelite, i am using NIS2011, still have 63 days to expiry date but there is warning: your NIS scan program expiry and no longer to use.

other thing, every time i used internet for fiew hours, my laptop become slow and slower and slower till it is became freeze..

i must shutdown my laptop, and start again and soon and soon..but its still running slow or even freeze again, till i make full scan and use Norton Power Eraser..it will run normal, and again appear problem in futures..

hope somebody can help my problem,,or i must used another anti virus? thanx..

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2011 slows down laptop

Hi

Does Norton show high CPU usage ?

A users Netbook was slow only Because he had lot of untrusted application running!

try these

Turn off nortons aggressive settings i.e Early load Sonar heuristics

turn off the Compressed file scan

Press Windows key + R type msconfig

and disable softwares that are not needed at start up

Norton utilities is good but their are very good free laternatives

Try 

Press Win key + R type cleanmgr

more option>system Restore/System volume info.  

Press Cleanup and run the cleanup

You could also use CCleaner you can download it from here

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

to cleanup uneccesary files also to disable Uneeded startup entries

You could try Defragmenting your hardisk

Auslogics is free and is really Good at this

(only bad is you will have to ignore the scan it runs when you click on system health and asks you to buy a paid version!)

Here`s the link to Auslogics

http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-Disk-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10567503.html

Midou
Kudos0

Re: NIS 2011 slows down laptop

yusmar,

Does the 63 days show in your MyNortonAccount?

Go to Support / Subscription Status and see if this synchronizes the two.

If this does not synchronize it I suggest you go to the OnLine Customer Support by CHAT since they can rectify the database if it is wrong.

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; email or phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

When yo get that sorted out and you are protected again come back and we can work on the other problems.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.