• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 20.1.1.2 stops Youtube working on Chrome

I wish I had never upgraded! As soon as I went to the latest version of NIS I started to get trouble with Youtube (black rectangles where there should be videos) and loads of webpages (e.g. some on BBC website) just freeze and don't allow me to page down.

Does anyone know what the fix is? 

regards

rob

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 20.1.1.2 stops Youtube working on Chrome

I wish I had never upgraded! As soon as I went to the latest version of NIS I started to get trouble with Youtube (black rectangles where there should be videos) and loads of webpages (e.g. some on BBC website) just freeze and don't allow me to page down.

regards

rob

Kudos0

How are you sure that this is because of NIS upgrade?

I have upgraded and I use Chrome and all the sites you mentioned (as well as 100's of others) are working perfectly fine for me here.... :-|

I've seen this issue for a quiet some time now and I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with NIS upgrade. Check in google and you'll see this issue running back years for different reasons, mostly flash related or similar.

Kudos0

...because youtube and BBC and others have been working fine until IMMMEDIATELY after I upgraded NIS to a full new version, with NO other changes to my system.

Coincidence? I think not.

Kudos0

robgilmore wrote:

regards

rob

Hi Rob,

Quick thought...

Have you tried temporarily disabling the Norton Extension in your Chrome browser to see if it has any effect on the problem?

If you decide to try this, you should find it in your Installed Extensions List under Settings | Extensions.

Regards,

John

Kudos0

robgilmore wrote:

...because youtube and BBC and others have been working fine until IMMMEDIATELY after I upgraded NIS to a full new version, with NO other changes to my system.

Coincidence? I think not.

Hi robgilmore,

If you decide to do this, make it temporary as in a test. Right click the Norton icon at the upper right of the Chrome browser, located on the left side of the wrench icon. Click .. Manage extensions...

In the window that opens, uncheck the Enabled box at the right of the Norton Extension info. Do Not Click The Trash Can. Try YouTube. Regardless of the results, be sure and re-enable the extension when you are done. Re-check the box that was unchecked.

Keep in mind, that while the Norton extension is disabled, your anti-phishing technology protection against fraudulent websites is also disabled.

Ed

Kudos0

Thanks for the advice. Do I check the boxes for Allow Incognito and Allow Aceess To File URLs?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.