• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos4 Stats

NIS 2012

Hi Tim, and the Symantec team. Just installed NIS 2012, and everything working like a dream. Thanks for all your efforts. Kudos !

Regards, Geoff King 

Windows 10 Home X 64

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2012

Oooops, guess I spoke too soon. Since overinstalling NIS 2012 over 2011 as recommended, I am having problems with certain sites and links not displaying correctly in IE 9. Other browsers seem ok, and I'm using 32 bit versions in all.

Windows 7 64 bit 4GB Ram SP 1

Anyone got any ideas? I've reset and repaired IE 9, using MS Fix it Tools, but no luck.....Rgds Geoff King

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Norton Internet Security 2012, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, Internet Explorer 9Please support my ideas to have an offline/online help system similiar to Microsoft Office help or Windows help for Norton products.
Kudos0

Thanks, DarkSta. As Nis 2012 was overinstalled, I guess I re-download 2012, and use Norton Removal Tool, and then re-install 201 as a clean install ?

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Looking around the forums, over install, especially of security programs, tend to give problems. Also the www.Norton.com/nis12 link is now working, last I checked. In fact I upgraded using that technique to avoid any problems. Make sure to back up identity safe if you are using it.
Norton Internet Security 2012, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, Internet Explorer 9Please support my ideas to have an offline/online help system similiar to Microsoft Office help or Windows help for Norton products.
Kudos0

Thanks, DarkSta. Out of interest, I reverted to IE 8, and everything works perfectly ! I only use IE for MS stuff, so might wait until Symantec patch the IE 9 problem. I still have the alternative, of doing a fresh install. Thanks again

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hi F4E,

Sites and links not displaying correctly, how?  Does Compatibility Mode do anything?  I'm not sure how the installation of NIS 2012 would affect only certain sites - is it always the same sites?

Kudos0

If you meant broken pages like misplaced images and what such, try using internet explorer 9 compatibility mode to emulate earlier browsers and fix the page display errors. Or else press f12 and select ie8 under browser mode. I use the 2012 version with ie9 with no problem. In fact I prefer ie9 over 8 since it is more standards compliant. Also love the tear off tab feature only available to ie9 .
Kudos0

@SendOfJive ah you beat me to it!
Kudos0

DarkSta wrote:
@SendOfJive ah you beat me to it!

Really?  Someone around here actually types slower than me?  Unbelievable!  

Kudos0

Thanks all, for suggestions. To top it all, I coughed and sprayed coffee over the keyboard, and screen *sigh!*.

i've tried compatibility mode, and it's only certain sites. I may have to do a clean install of NIS 2012, and go back to IE 9.Rgds Geoff King

Windows 10 Home X 64
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Problem solved, folks ! Disabled tracking Protection in IE 9, and now all sites displaying correctly. Nothing to do with NIS 2012 !......  

Windows 10 Home X 64

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.