• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2012 19.2.0.10: problem with Smart Firewall Program Control

I have the following problem (Win 7):

when I try to activate the pull down menu in the Smart Firewall/program Controll setting, or to add ar program to firewall rules, NIS crashes and I get message Symantec service framework stopped working.

No problem if I use the Modify option to change firewall rules of one already listed program.  Crash happens only with pull down menu or adding a new program.

If I restart the computer and run Get Support, Norton Autofix  tells me that item has been fixed, but then  I still have same problem.

Any help?

If not, I'll try to run NRT and in case reinstall NIS?

Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2012 19.2.0.10: problem with Smart Firewall Program Control

AstroMax wrote:

I have the following problem (Win 7):

when I try to activate the pull down menu in the Smart Firewall/program Controll setting, or to add ar program to firewall rules, NIS crashes and I get message Symantec service framework stopped working.

No problem if I use the Modify option to change firewall rules of one already listed program.  Crash happens only with pull down menu or adding a new program.

If I restart the computer and run Get Support, Norton Autofix  tells me that item has been fixed, but then  I still have same problem.

Any help?

If not, I'll try to run NRT and in case reinstall NIS?

Thanks.

Hi,

I will assume that all of the updates have been downloaded and installed without any error messages being displayed. There are at least three possible fixes for the problem:

BEFORE DOING ANY OF THE LISTED REPAIRS PLEASE SAVE YOUR IDENTITY SAFE DATA

1.  Do a control panel uninstall, reboot and reinstall

2. Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool found here:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20110217171332EN

be sure to run live update until the program tells you that all updates have been downloaded and installed

3. Do an control panel uninstall, reboot, run the NRT, reboot and reinstall

be sure to run live update until the program tells you that all updates have been downloaded and installed

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.