• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2012 lost activation - Norton account server down

When I logged in, Norton 2012 claimed I needed to activate my copy of NIS 2012, despite it having been activated for months.  I re-activated it and went to check on my Norton account to make sure that it didn't use another license of the 3 I had and the web site isn't working.  It keeps timing out and giving "Application Error" messages saying the server is not available.

Is there something happening?  Are these two things related?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2012 lost activation - Norton account server down

When I logged in, Norton 2012 claimed I needed to activate my copy of NIS 2012, despite it having been activated for months.  I re-activated it and went to check on my Norton account to make sure that it didn't use another license of the 3 I had and the web site isn't working.  It keeps timing out and giving "Application Error" messages saying the server is not available.

Is there something happening?  Are these two things related?

Kudos0

Hi

Please contact our Technical Support from here (chat will be the quickest way). And they can give the correct information about the number of activations in your account.

Kudos0

Thanks for the info.  The account site is back up now and I didn't lose any licenses.  I'm not sure why NIS 2012 did what it did.   I did have a blue screen (external hard drive + sleeping computer sometimes = blue screen on resume), but that never caused a loss of activation in the past.

Kudos0

Hey

Do you have any other Security Software running along with the Norton?

Is your Computer without an Internet Connection for a while or so?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.