• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Nis 2013 and Norton Bootable Recovery Tool

Hi, all. I have Nis 2013 on both my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 7 SP1. My question is, can I use the recovery tool if required on either machine, or is the download and updates which I burned onto a CD, applicable only to the desktop I downloaded it onto, or will it work for either machine ? Am I even making sense ?.......  

Windows 10 Home X 64

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Nis 2013 and Norton Bootable Recovery Tool

Hi, all. I have Nis 2013 on both my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 7 SP1. My question is, can I use the recovery tool if required on either machine, or is the download and updates which I burned onto a CD, applicable only to the desktop I downloaded it onto, or will it work for either machine ? Am I even making sense ?.......  

Windows 10 Home X 64
Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

F4E wrote:

It will work on any computer you put the CD into. You may need your Norton product key to run it.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks Peter, for the quick reply. I have a product code for both, as the original program was included, so I'll use the appropriate one on whichever machine, I may need to fix. Thanks again....

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Lets just hope you never need to use it...

Kudos0

I hope not, either ! Do you ever sleep ? 

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

F4E wrote:

I hope not, either ! Do you ever sleep ? 

If you really track my times, there is no real pattern. I pop in  and out between my retirement duties...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.