• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

NIS 2013 Identity Safe Online Vault issues

I have the NIS 2013 three PC version and am using the online Identity Safe vault (no local).

I can only access the vault with one of my PCs. All are using XP and IE8.

One tries to open but just hangs up while my laptop says incorrect pass word was entered.

I wish the local vault capability would be added back into the products!

Any suggestions?

NIS 2013Windows XP Pro SP3IE8

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2013 Identity Safe Online Vault issues

I have the NIS 2013 three PC version and am using the online Identity Safe vault (no local).

I can only access the vault with one of my PCs. All are using XP and IE8.

One tries to open but just hangs up while my laptop says incorrect pass word was entered.

I wish the local vault capability would be added back into the products!

Any suggestions?

Kudos1 Stats

If you have the patience of a saint, you're good. I have been through days worth of denials of the correct password as well

as "Unable to logon to your vault at this time" plus the endless sync loop. 

There is clearly something amiss with NIS 2013 and Norton's decision to limit users to an online vault. It does not function

properly when more than one computer is used even if the two (or more) machines have the same OS.

John E. Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 14393.321 on Lenovo ThinkPad E535 & HP Pavilion 6610F
Kudos1 Stats

Hi John E.,

"There is clearly something amiss with NIS 2013 and Norton's decision to limit users to an online vault."

The problem is not limited to just NIS2013 (and the other 2013 Norton products).  The online vault issues afflict the Norton 2012 and mobile applet products too...

"It does not function properly when more than one computer is used even if the two (or more) machines have the same OS."

It doesn't function (at times) when there is only one computer or device involved.

Kind Regards,

John

Kudos0

Agreed on both counts, John. I was writing of my multiple computers experience of late in the first comment. I've also had trouble, as I noted, with just one accessing my vault. Regarding my second comment, it was strictly from my NIS 2013 experience. Prior to the release of 2013, I had little trouble with the online vault feature of 2012 because there was always the local vault option.

I eagerly await Norton's "fix" for this major flaw.  

John E. Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 14393.321 on Lenovo ThinkPad E535 & HP Pavilion 6610F
Kudos0

Now using Internet Security 2013 and the online vault is set up.

IE 9, Win 7, constantly hangs up ( says it is not responding) when I first open it.  At this point the Identity Safe/Norton toolbar does not show up.

I have to go into Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop the application and force it to close.  Then it will load and the Norton toolbar appears.

What is the problem here ????   How to fix ???

Kudos0

Well, I'm glad it is not just me. Hopefully Symantec will get this straightened out soon!

I've come to depend on the "Logins" feature.

Kudos1 Stats

im havin same problem can only access id safe on one windows account the syncng problem yep i got that to and recently lost ALL my data very disappointed in norton i will be leaving ASAP im payin to have more problems by staying with them its pathetic

Kudos0

I hope you all have plenty of patience.  Symantec has been trying to "fix it" for over a year now...

But who knows, the solution could be just around the corner...practically any time now...

Kind Regards,

John

Kudos1 Stats

I've been using NIS and, in now 2012, Norton 360 for years.

I have often found the new upgrades buggy. It's almost as though Norton floats the new releases out there a few months early as a beta without declaring it. I'm having the same problems with the vault and also with Identity Safe hanging my browsers since upgrading to 360. I have tried everything to no avail.

I noticed that Norton is offering Identity Safe as a standalone priogram for free. I'm sure they will hook you and then start charging down the road once you're an identity dafe junkie like me. I have to say, despite Norton's very good protection, I am fed up with their complete lack of customer service (I have to pay now to get live support on an obviously widespread defect with the new release).

I'm leaving Norton once and for all. I've truly had it with this company. They are not the only competent game in town and other companies I'm told offer excellent free support as well. As for Identity Safe, there are now other decent password programs with auto fill capability out there. I'm getting off the Norton merry go round.

Kudos0

atticusfilms wrote:

I am fed up with their complete lack of customer service (I have to pay now to get live support on an obviously widespread defect with the new release).

Norton Customer Support for issues with their products is free.  Many unaffiliated third-party support companies will charge for their services, however.  Who did you contact for support?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.