• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2013 installer download link (English, USA)?

I have the installer for NIS 2012.  But I plan to start doing 3 new builds (dual boot XP/7) in week or so.  So, I got myself a 3 pack license, but I want to install NIS 2013 and not NIS 2012.

Would someone be so kind as to provide me a link to the latest NIS 2013 installer?

Thanks.

PS:  I bought the 3 pack via Amazon's download service, but I don't want their download manager and associated software on my PC.  (just give me NIS up straight)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2013 installer download link (English, USA)?

I have the installer for NIS 2012.  But I plan to start doing 3 new builds (dual boot XP/7) in week or so.  So, I got myself a 3 pack license, but I want to install NIS 2013 and not NIS 2012.

Would someone be so kind as to provide me a link to the latest NIS 2013 installer?

Thanks.

PS:  I bought the 3 pack via Amazon's download service, but I don't want their download manager and associated software on my PC.  (just give me NIS up straight)

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi Mark_Kratzer,

Is this what you are looking for?

http://norton.com/latestnis

Kudos0

Much obliged!

Kudos0

You are quite welcome - just remember, you still must run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until such time as LiveUpdate responds "no updates found".  Thisis because thre have been definition updates since the time the download was posted on the server.

Kudos0

Mark,

I have XP / Win 7 HP 32 bit / Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation in 3 bit and 64 bit on my main PC .....

Keep an eye on activations in your MyNortonAccount .... you may be surprised ....

I strongly recommend installing a copy of the free utility EasyBCD on each system since it provides an easy way of editing the BCD (otherwise requires arcane knowledge) so as to stop Windows 7 calling XP "Old Windows" <g>

It enables you to backup and restore the boot files (whcih are different in XP and Windows 7, do repairs and lots of useful stuff.

When you go to their website scroll way down and Register -- just your email address if I remember and they certainly don't spam you. And even that is not obligatory -- and then it is free for noncommercial use.

I expect you know this but dual booting is quite complicated unless you can install the OS's in date sequence from Old (XP) to Newer (Windows 7 ....)

I found running Windows Easy Transfer worked very well for moving my data files etc and after it has scanned you can if you want click on Custom I think it was and add categries or files not checked already (or uncheck what you might know you do not want). I added my desktop and cookies files even if I would have to reset some desktop shortcuts that pointed to file locations no longer valid since some of the cookies saved me from having to log into websites again. As you know it does not copy applications; those you have to reinstall. I'd recommend downloading from that link since it is more uptodate than any on the Microsoft Windows 7 installation media.

BTW If you your installation disk for Windows 7 does not have Service Pack 1 included on it did you know that you can legitimately download an ISO file for Windows 7 with SP1 and install it using the key from your purchased copy of Windows 7?

You can find the links for this (and much else of value for Windows 7) here

http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html 

Let me know if you think I can help .... more

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.