• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2013 v.20.2.0.19 Day 3 still no update

I've been waiting since 01/14/13 for the latest version 20.2.1.22 but I have yet to receive it.

Yes I know it's phased and that I can message Tony_Weiss for it.

But I didn't want to ask for the update. Is there any reason it's taking so long?

I am in Canada.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.18.x

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: NIS 2013 v.20.2.0.19 Day 3 still no update

It is a phased released so that it doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

We just have to have patience, or email Tony.

Cheers,

Dave

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Accepted Solution
Kudos3 Stats

SGFC wrote:

I've been waiting since 01/14/13 for the latest version 20.2.1.22 but I have yet to receive it.

Yes I know it's phased and that I can message Tony_Weiss for it.

But I didn't want to ask for the update. Is there any reason it's taking so long?

I am in Canada.

The reason it is taking so long (in your eyes) is so that the folks who received the first release (part of the phased release) have an opportunity to install it and basically test it priot to release to the masses. 

Figuratively speaking. It is far better to have those who received the first release "double check it" to ensure it is good to go - rather than have everyone with the same situations if anything is detected.

I got it from Tony and IMHO - so far so good.

Kudos0

Okay I'll hurry up and wait :D

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.18.x
Kudos1 Stats

You could also get the update here:

3. How can I manually install these patches?

All customers will receive the patch once we have confirmed its effectiveness. However, if you did not receive the 20.2.1 update and wish to apply the patch immediately, please contact Tony Weiss via email (address is visible on profile) requesting the patch. Be sure to use "Update 20.2.1 patch request" as your subject, and include the product (Norton Internet Securty, Norton AntiVirus, Norton 360 Standard or Norton 360 Premier). Expect a reply within 24 hours.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.