• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2015 sometimes doesn't launch

My laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-571 running Windows 8.1.On switching on,sometimes NIS 2015 doesn't work.The only way I can get it to work is to switch off and back on again.Sometimes I have to do this a few times.Another way is I run NPE which doesn't find any problems but NIS will then launch.I have tried Norton Remove and Reinstall but I still have this intermittent problem.Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to rectify.I did the live chat thing and they removed and reinstalled it but the problem persists.Any help would be great.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2015 sometimes doesn't launch

Do you have fast start-up in Win 8.1 disabled?

Kudos0

I don't know how to check that but my laptop starts up in about 10 seconds so I assume its enabled.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Here is how to disable fast start-up in Windows 8-8.1 machines:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Please let us know if it helped.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Turned off fast start up.It has solved the problem in that NIS now launches okay but the drawback is it is taking over 2 minutes to be available.The Norton icon has the red circle with the white cross over and this takes over 2 minutes to turn green.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi learner44,

Seems we are making progress - now can you provide a screenshot of the Norton Icon (red circle with white cross)??

You mean this?

Look on the main page and see if there is a FIX Now button - click it.

Kudos0

Yes,that is what I get.I don't see a Fix Now button.

Kudos1 Stats

Right click on the Norton Icon and select Get Support - let it run and see if it corrects anything.

Kudos0

Thanks to yank and rainbow_2.Everything seems to be okay now.Much appreciated!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.