• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 21.1.0.18

Im running windows 8.1 pro with media center and im not having a real big problem or anything but over the past 2 months when I login to the norton toolbar it asks for my password, so i enter it and its correct the vaut shows it open, but it still asking for my password over and over and over again in the same box as if i was typing my password wrong. So all i do is enter my password the vault says its open and close the dialog box, and their is no problem. But my question is, why is it still asking for my password when i typed it in correct.. i will post a screenshot below...

As you see, the Vault in the toolbar is open, but i can enter my password again and it will say the same thing..? any ideas

Windows 8.1 64-BitNIS 21.3.0.12

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 21.1.0.18

Im running windows 8.1 pro with media center and im not having a real big problem or anything but over the past 2 months when I login to the norton toolbar it asks for my password, so i enter it and its correct the vaut shows it open, but it still asking for my password over and over and over again in the same box as if i was typing my password wrong. So all i do is enter my password the vault says its open and close the dialog box, and their is no problem. But my question is, why is it still asking for my password when i typed it in correct.. i will post a screenshot below...

As you see, the Vault in the toolbar is open, but i can enter my password again and it will say the same thing..? any ideas

Kudos0

Hi, mbobby316. I'll see if I can find out more for you. Watch this space !

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Are you able to access your logins?

If not, it seems you might have something amiss with your Norton installation. Running the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool will give you a fresh installation.

Download the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrnr
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Use the CSV format for compatibility.
Run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool.
Reboot.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Try to log into your Identity Safe. If you can, you are done. If not, Import your Identity Safe data.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Yes, im able to get into my logins with no problem, when the vault is closed i click to open, i type my password in, the toolbar says the vault is open but the dialog box is still asking for my password, i just close the dialog but the vault open. No biggie just thought it was a glitch

Kudos0

FWIW, There have been numerous reports of odd behaviors in regards to prompting for vault access - though yours is thus-far unique.  Generally speaking, it's the usually the mini-prompt bar that misbehaves, either constantly prompting when not wanted, or not prompting when wanted - in either case however, the NTB displayed mode for the vault (either Open or Closed) correctly tracks the actual condition of the vault.  Your situation however seems to be a total disconnect of the large prompt from the actual condition (state) of the vault, though (assumably) still correctly shown by the NTB.

I'll add that it seems that many of the IDSafe issues appear to revolve around disconnects and retention failures in regards to the NTB & IDSafe option settings ...

Kind regards,

John

Kudos0

ok well its no big deal, i can still get to my logins and it only does this when i need to login to the vault. Just thought i would post a glitch if their was one.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.