Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
NIS 220.127.116.11/FF 26.0 - "Vault is Open" broken and no logins for "Which Login Would You Like to Use"
When I first start Firefox 26.0 Norton Identity Safe appears to function properly. I can open the vault and get the expected response from NIS when I click on "Vault is Open", etc. However, after a short period of time (no more than 30 minutes usually) things change. NIS is still running and enters passwords for web sites but the following no longer work.
- Clicking on the "Vault Is Open" button in the Firefox toolbar does nothing. The button briefly flashes to a blue background but it does not open NIS.
- When I go to a web site with multiple logins (e.g., Amazon where I have several accounts) I no longer get a list of available login options. I simply get the message "Which Login Would You Like To Use" and nothing else.
Closing Firefox and restarting it does resolve these issues albeit temporarily.
What's the best course of action?
- Wait for an update to NIS and/or Firefox to fix this?
- Uninstall Firefox 26.0 and reinstall it?
- Uninstall NIS and reinstall it?
- Uninstall both Firefox and NIS and reinstall both and in what order?
Thanks in advance,