• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NIS 22.12.1 Update wiped passwords ?

I have no idea what has happened to NIS today after the update. 

All I know is I have to keep signing in to my vault and the usernames and passwords I used to have stored in my local vault has gone skew whiff. 

Some of them still work OK and others have disappeared completely. Even when re-entering the missing passwords and usernames, there is no confirmation box to save them to the vault so when I try again on the page next time I restart, I have to enter the same usernames and passwords over and over again even though I am signed in to my vault. 

What is going on ? It is very frustrating. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 22.12.1 Update wiped passwords ?

Even better, when i follow their instructions to the letter to recover passwords, using their own recommended program, I get this :- 

An error occurred while uploading norton_logins.json. Please try again.

Am I really paying a subscription for this rubbish ? 

Kudos0

Hello betabloke

What operating system and service pack please?

What browser version please?

Are the extensions enabled?

Have you restarted your computer and made sure you have all of the updates?

You might have a online vault now instead of your local one. I know they have been trying to get rid of the local vault. Do you have a backup of the ID Safe?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I changed several passwords over the past month, some as recently as Sunday. On Monday I upgraded my op sys from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and while doing so Norton Security Deluxe upgraded on me. I use Norton on my PC and my wife's, and do not use the cloud to store passwords My account is where I keep the most current passwords and use my wife's PC for a backup site..

Somehow Norton partially merged info on both PC's and partially lost account and password info on both.

So Norton where did my most recent account and password info go?

Anyone have any suggestions.

Kudos0

Angry Customer

Somehow Norton partially merged info on both PC's and partially lost account and password info on both.

The only way the info on two separate PC's can be merged is with a cloud vault. You may have been moved to the cloud if you clicked too quickly on a button in the ID safe login box. I still see these occasional prompts to move my vault to the cloud. You have to read carefully.

Another way to check on this is to look in your Documents folder. Look for a folder called Norton Identity Safe Backups, and inside that folder another with your email address. If you see this, you have been using a cloud vault. And the good news is that if that folder is there, inside the folder with your email address will be backups of your vault contents. You can use one of those backups dated before your problem started to import into your vault to regain the logins you may have recently lost.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.