• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 5.4 won't install on OSX 10.8.2

When I run the installer it just bounces in the dock and never accually loads. When I look at the console I do see the attached error. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 5.4 won't install on OSX 10.8.2

When I run the installer it just bounces in the dock and never accually loads. When I look at the console I do see the attached error. 

Kudos0

Can you go to this site and donwload the bit and tyring to install. Inspecting your log you attached it seems like the issue is not related to our installer component. 

http://us.norton.com/downloads-trial-mac-internet-security

Regards,

Simon

Kudos0

If you continue to have this problem, you can try right-clicking on the installer application (or cllck, and hold down the "Control" jkey if your mouse is not setup to do right clicks). Then select 'View package contents". Click on the Contents folder, then the Resources folder. Inside of there you will find a NortonInstaller.mpkg that you can double-click on.

The application is just a wrapper that makes sure you have the correct operating system before continuing to install, which I can see from your crash report is ok. Something else is going on unrelated to our installer--CoreServicesUIAgent is a Mac OS X component and it doesn't seem to like something about the installer,.

How did you obtain the installer, and which language are you using? I'd like to fix this if possible, but the workaround above will let you continue to install while we try to fix the problem for future customers.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.