• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS For Mac 5 & NIS 2012

Hi,

Where can I download and "latest version" of NIS For Mac 5 and the NIS 2012(For Wid8Pro)?

Thanks.

Ed

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS For Mac 5 & NIS 2012

Hi,

Where can I download and "latest version" of NIS For Mac 5 and the NIS 2012(For Wid8Pro)?

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

Hi Edliu,

You can download the latest version of NIS by logging into your Norton Account website https://account.norton.com.  The list will show you all the Norton products that you had purchased and available for download.

Haridharan Nattamai Gangadharan Sr. Software Engineer Endpoint Protection for Mac Symantec
Kudos0

Hi,

Thanks.

But are the softwares (downloadable from the account page) the 'real working version'? I remember that NIS For Mac 5 needs to be download  from an "special link", not the account page before(the version of NIS For Mac 5 from the account page is a TRAIL VERSION).

Ed

Kudos0

That trial link was only necessary if you were running Mac OS X 10.8 for a short while because the 10.8 compatible version of Norton Internet Security had not yet been posted.

The version available in your Norton account is the latest version, compatible with Mac OS X 10.8.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec
Kudos0

So I can go to my Norton Account Page and download the "NIS For Mac 5 & NIS 2012" Full Version?

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

Just to be sure--why do you need the installer? It depends on what you're trying to accomplish but yes this should work.

The long story is this: There are different kinds of product keys--one for trialware installers  and retail (store bought) installers. Untl Norton Internet Security 5.4, they could not be used interchangeably--if you downloaded the trialware version of the product you needed to activate with a trialware key, and the same for a retial installer. That's why previously when this question was asked, I told people they needed to go to a different Web page depending on their activation key.

In Norton Internet Security 5.4 the keys are interchangeable, and you should be able to activate with any kind of key from any kind of installer. 

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.