• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NIS Version 22.17.0.183 -Some Firewall Settings Unresponsive

I have just downloaded Nis version 22.17.0.183 onto my Windows 7 via Live Update.  "Network Trust" and "Device Trust" in the Firewall settings are unresponsive. My curser turns into a "hand" on them so they should respond but nothing happens.. Is this a  glitch with the new version or just me? Other items seem OK.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS Version 22.17.0.183 -Some Firewall Settings Unresponsive

Further to the above - It's the " configuration" options that are unresponsive. I didn't get an "edit" facility with my above post  for some reason..

Kudos0

Have you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available? The new product update announcements note that this is often required to fully install the new update.

The Edit link for the first post in a thread is located just to the top left side of the new post.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thank you, peterweb, for your interest and assistance..  I looked for the "edit" spot which I thought should be immediately beneath the post with a time limit shown. I have used it before but a .long time ago.  I have run Live Update manually until it showed nothing new.   I am not too bothered about what seems to be a glitch concerning the two items  - I was only curious about "network trust" and I know what the configuration is anyway which shouldn't have changed.   Everything else works fine. I can always consider Remove and Replace if I need to. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.