• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NIS2010 Trust control setting won't stick

After I set my "local area network" to "full trust", it will automatically change to "shared" after few minutes.  It is really strange.  I am wondering if any of you guys see the same problem.  Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS2010 Trust control setting won't stick

What type of network are you attached to?  What is your OS?  Did you do a clean install of NIS2010 or an over install / upgrade of NIS2009?
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

1. The computer is connected to  home network, behind one rounter (192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0)

2. OS : Vista Business

3. I did an upgrade to NIS2010 from NIS200 using the "http://updatecenter.norton.com/"

Thanks.

Kudos4 Stats

Hello appleII,

First, just for informational purposes, Full Trust is the least secure of the Trust Levels and should only be used when a device cannot reach your computer in a more secure Trust State.

Since your network is not holding at the level of your choice, you may have file and printer sharing enabled on one or more devices. NIS 2010 will detect this and automatically set your Trust Level to Shared.

To change this behavior, open the main Norton interface, click on Network Settings, scroll down to Smart Firewall > Advanced Settings > Configure.

In the Advanced Settings window, turn OFF "Automatic File/Printer Sharing Control". Click "Apply" and OK your way out.

Open the Network Security Map and set your Network Trust Level to your desired security level. Observe if your desired settings hold.

Let us know.

[edit: grammar]

Message Edited by Phil_D on 09-14-2009 09:18 PM
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Hi Phil_D,

You hit the nail on the head.  it indeed solves the issue.  Thank you very much!

Kudos0

Glad to help!
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.