• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS2012 nahh.. back to NIS2011

Went back from NIS2012 to NIS2011 cause I don't like it... doesn't feel so good like the 2011 release...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS2012 nahh.. back to NIS2011

Went back from NIS2012 to NIS2011 cause I don't like it... doesn't feel so good like the 2011 release...

Kudos0

can you be a little more specific!

Kudos0

Well, my english isn't that good but it feels a little bit buggy... when I started up my system and clcik on the NIS icon it takes so long till it appears on screen!

Kudos0

When your system is started icons often appear but the system is still loading. So can I suggest that to be sure you have a problem, do other things for 10 or 15 minutes after rebooting or just leave the machine alone. Now when you return to click on the Norton icon record how many seconds before the main interface menu appears please.

Kudos0

I think I'm going to revert back too.  I'm having the same kind of issues..a lot of people are: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Internet-Security-2012-stops-working/td-p/528136

It almost seems as if NIS has gone back to it's old ways of being a slow resource hog.. If that's the case...I won't be renewing.

Kudos0

Arsene24 wrote:

I think I'm going to revert back too.  I'm having the same kind of issues..a lot of people are: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Internet-Security-2012-stops-working/td-p/528136

It almost seems as if NIS has gone back to it's old ways of being a slow resource hog.. If that's the case...I won't be renewing.

Hi,

Sorry you are so unhappy. Part of the problem with the new version is that it hasn't done anything on your[collective you] system. So it's getting to know it and running scans, etc. It does take time and until it has completed all of its initial tasks it will be a resource hog. Once those tasks are complet it should run very nicely on most machines that have at least the minimum resources necessary for their operating system.

When you revert be sure to use the Removal Tool to clean out NIS2012. NIS2011 won't like some of the things that might be left behind. The tool is here:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

I have no complaints thus far. It works beautifully on about 6 different systems of mine, plus another 6 relatives. The same applies to all the other versions in the past several years. I may or may not be among the lucky ones, but I've seen no bugs yet. The only issue I've had, which was easily resolved, was a small false positive. Overall, I'd say the usage and overall system performance actually improved a notch or two with NIS 2012, not the opposite. Just my experience, however.
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 -- NIS 21.3.0.12; MBAM Pro (non realtime); SAS Pro(non realtime)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.