• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS2015

I currently have Norton 360 loaded, which is due to expire on 4/2. I have purchased NIS2015, can anyone advise should I totally remove 360 before installing NIS2015.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: NIS2015

Norton Security v22.x may be over the top installed.   After install ...check all settings are to your liking.  Run LU until no more updates ~ restart as required.  Repeat.   Run full scan.    

How-To: Download and Install your Norton Security --- Product Manuals --- Norton Security video tutorials

Kudos1 Stats

agh55:

I currently have Norton 360 loaded, which is due to expire on 4/2. I have purchased NIS2015, can anyone advise should I totally remove 360 before installing NIS2015.

To avoid confusion please note that there is no NIS2015 -- NIS, NAV and Norton 360 were all discontinued with the 2014 model V21 although they are still supported and updated and can be renewed.

Instead Norton now has Norton Security (2015 / V22) in two sub-versions one with online backup and good for 10 Devices (not just Windows PCs) and the other for 5 devices and without the online backup.

So if you really are talking about the new Norton Security versions please confirm this and we may get your message moved to the separate Norton Security Forum here for better coverage. I say "may" because it no longer leaves a trail from here to there, so if you come back and don't find your message here look in Norton Security

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi, thanks, I made a made a mistake, with Norton for so long, I'm in the habit of using the year I purchased it. The product is Norton Internet Security

• Compatible with Windows
  • 3 PCs for 1 year
  • Full edition
  • Product key
Kudos1 Stats

agh55:

agh55:

Hi, thanks, I made a made a mistake, with Norton for so long, I'm in the habit of using the year I purchased it. The product is Norton Internet Security

Yes, you must remove N360 before installing NIS....Note:  different product, new key = new subscription period.   You may want to confirm with Support if they'll add remaining days from N360 over to NIS

Kudos0

Thanks for this, 360 expires today.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Problem solved and thanks to all.

Kudos0

Let us know how you progress.  After NIS install.  Run LU till no more updates. Restart as required.  Then repeat.   Check NIS settings are to your liking and run full scan.   If you do not want optimizer to run -- remember to Off.  Have you made provision for backup (if you use) made with N360.  Please export ID Safe backup (if you use). 

Kudos0

So All's well that ends well!

You know where to find us if you need help .... or can give it!

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.