• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos4 Stats

No Beta Forum access, no Upgrade path from NIS2104, Seriously?!?

So why have all of the posts in the beta forum been locked and not even readable? There is valuable user experience and methods for switching to the new SW for keeping local vaults, etc and now I can't read any of it??

And where is the upgrade path for existing NIS 2014 users per the agreement I signed? Seriously, as others have stated, I have to buy the new program and then call support to transfer remaining days? And I have three subscriptions on 9 PCs and been a Norton customer since DAY ONE????

Do you want me to go elsewhere for a new security program?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: No Beta Forum access, no Upgrade path from NIS2104, Seriously?!?

Beta boards get locked out when the beta product is officially released, but usually a week or more after the release. Dont know what happened to Norton for past few months. (may be its their bad time)... All is left for users to suffer... (Even this community board was created just a few hours ago)
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Yes, and I even noticed all posts since Aug 29th are gone (outside of one sticky from Sep 3). This new product roll-out has been mind boggling, never seen anything this poorly executed....

Kudos1 Stats

I have been with norton for 10 years, if they dont update everyone to the newest version i will never buy another norton product again.

Kudos1 Stats

I was surprised that while trying to access beta forum board for Norton Security / Norton Security with Backup Public Beta I did get the message :

Access denied

You are not authorized to access this page.

No word that the board is closed, I found myself treated as an intruder, even though I had take part in the beta program.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos1 Stats

I was surprised that while trying to access beta forum board for Norton Security / Norton Security with Backup Public Beta I did get the message :

Access denied

You are not authorized to access this page.

No word that the board is closed, I found myself treated as an intruder, even though I had take part in the beta program.

Me too!!!

Kudos0

Really? I just accessed this with a non-admin account. What's the URL you're using? I'm using:

https://community.norton.com/forums/norton-security-norton-security-with...

Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Really? I just accessed this with a non-admin account. What's the URL you're using? I'm using:

Thanks.

The problem is with the threads themself, not the whole board.

Example: When I try to open this https://community.norton.com/forums/build-79-patch-apply-failure, I get "Access denied - You are not authorized to access this page."

Also, posts created after 24-July-2014 are completely missing.

Kudos0

Thanks.

Hi, Tony. Yes, it is possible to access the Beta forum, but attempting to view any thread give us an "ACCESS DENIED" page so that you cannot actually view any threads.

Windows 7 SP1 32bit - NSBU - 22.1.0.9
Kudos0

There is something seriously wrong going on with this company, I have never seen such a screwed-up mess of a beta program and the problem I have is that this "new" product doesn't work any better than Norton 360 did (although I standardized on Norton 360 because I think it was a great security suite). I know all the reviews will tell us about the new this or the new that or the new way this or that works, but the bottom line is that this "new" product is no better or worse than what preceded it, except that I have no incentive to purchase it. Thankfully, there are many competitors that would welcome the business.

Kudos0

Tony,

I can get to that forum using your link and also through the forum link but all threads are locked and I get Access Denied on everyone. I though locking was to prevent new posts but allows them to be read.

Jim

Kudos0

Hi everyone, this should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still seeing the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Good work. I can access the beta forum  .

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

Hi everyone, this should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still seeing the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Yes, it works now, though almost half of the posts are still missing.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.