• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 2011 question ?

Hey there good souls!

I purshased Norton 2011 product for three computers ! Do I just install Norton on each computer and use same serial??

0ne l0ve!

Yours truly Vally Pally!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2011 question ?

Hey there good souls!

I purshased Norton 2011 product for three computers ! Do I just install Norton on each computer and use same serial??

0ne l0ve!

Yours truly Vally Pally!

Kudos0

Yes use the same serial for each computer.  Also, the CD version will surely be the old version (newest as of the time of release of the CD). You can download the LATEST version of Norton Internet Securty 2011 at http://www.norton.com/nis11

Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva EdisonI'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Kudos0

Thank you so much sir , for your quick and understanding answer !

0ne love.

Kudos0

Also don't forget to run the removal tool for each security program you had previously. For example, if you had mcafee, run the mcafee removal tool. Same applys with trend micro and other security programs.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva EdisonI'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Kudos0

To avoid any problems, please run the respective removal tool after the conventional uninstallation of the security program you want to replace with Norton. Note windows defender does not have a removal tool as it comes with the os
Kudos0

HI Sambo,

An added note on top of what Tywin7 said. Even if you download the full version of NIS 2011 from the link Tywin7 provided, be sure to run Live Update afterwards until there are no more updates, rebooting as requested.

Even the link to the latest available full version of NIS will not have all the updates so running Live Update is crucial. Also be sure to run a manual Full Scan after NIS is installed and updated through Live Update. You can do this by clicking Scan Now > Full System Scan from the main NIS window.

Things like the background Idle full scan may not function properly unless that initial manual scan is run after installation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.