• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 2011 Web Protection Definitions' Failed to Complete

Hi, All,

Got an Error when I Ran Norton LiveUpdate on Web Protction Definitions.  Even although it says to un-install and re-install the Norton Product, all I did was click "OK" on Norton LiveUpdate, re-ran Norton LiveUpdate, and the W.P.D. (hub) installed.  If anyone wants to look in to this, please let me know; thanks.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2011 Web Protection Definitions' Failed to Complete

Hi, All,

Got an Error when I Ran Norton LiveUpdate on Web Protction Definitions.  Even although it says to un-install and re-install the Norton Product, all I did was click "OK" on Norton LiveUpdate, re-ran Norton LiveUpdate, and the W.P.D. (hub) installed.  If anyone wants to look in to this, please let me know; thanks.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

Hello Floating_Red,

Thought I'd post as I had something a little similar to you. I was following another thread re 'Smart Updates vs Map threat Updates' and looked at my history files this morning to see what the 'Auto LiveUpdate' did as regards Udating/ not updating the map thing, I noticed I had an orange spot and 'medium risk' shown. When I looked at what was updated there was one entry which said, 'Web Prot Def's failed to update! After I ran a manual live update it updated them ok.

Maybe it was just a glich or a bad file but strange how we both had similar failures with this one file?

Hope this helps. 

Kudos1 Stats

I saw this in previous versions as well sometimes...

No need to uninstall, or anything else, just run Live Update again. It must be a download error: file is not downloaded 100%, or something like this....

Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.