• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos20 Stats

Norton 2013 Just needs a huge overhaul - Too many features have being removed!!!!

I just don't understand what's going on with 2013 its actually lost features instead of gaining them like it should in an update. Its being one of the worst releases in a long time. All us Beta testers put our suggestions forward and just got completely ignored. Not very good is it?

I'm almost considering changing to Eset Smart Security 6 if these issues are not resolved or at least get a response!

I've had Norton for a long time and it over the last 3 years ive being happy with the updates coming out because they made the product even better but this release is a step backward.

Updates that i believe should be applied immediately

• Norton Toolbar Customization - (Allows you to remove the facebook share icon)
  • NIS 2013 Interface is blury at times this needs addressing with HD icons and text
  • Norton 2013 Windows Gadget Needs to be put back in.
  • Norton Identity safe needs an offline option to store files locally not in cloud
  • The Management Bar (Manage , Mobile , safe-web , Backup) should be put at the bottom instead of crushed into the right side
  • Norton Toolbar - Should be made compatible with firefox Betas Versions other AV companies manage to keep it updated why cant Symantec?

Is Symantec trying to pi** of its users Or What?

To any other users who have any other problems that ive not listed above add it below and we can add it to the list!

Lets hope this post gets read and taken into consideration and these updates are rolled out over the next few weeks!

Then instead of adding all the old features back from the 2012 version they can work on the Anti Virus side of the product!

Good Luck Symantec Your going to need it this time

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2013 Just needs a huge overhaul - Too many features have being removed!!!!

I just don't understand what's going on with 2013 its actually lost features instead of gaining them like it should in an update. Its being one of the worst releases in a long time. All us Beta testers put our suggestions forward and just got completely ignored. Not very good is it?

I'm almost considering changing to Eset Smart Security 6 if these issues are not resolved or at least get a response!

I've had Norton for a long time and it over the last 3 years ive being happy with the updates coming out because they made the product even better but this release is a step backward.

• Norton Toolbar Customization - (Allows you to remove the facebook share icon)
  • NIS 2013 Interface is blury at times this needs addressing with HD icons and text
  • Norton 2013 Windows Gadget Needs to be put back in.
  • Norton Identity safe needs an offline option to store files locally not in cloud
  • The Management Bar (Manage , Mobile , safe-web , Backup) should be put at the bottom instead of crushed into the right side
  • Norton Toolbar - Should be made compatible with firefox Betas Versions other AV companies manage to keep it updated why cant Symantec?

Is Symantec trying to pi** of its users Or What?

To any other users who have any other problems that ive not listed above add it below and we can add it to the list!

Lets hope this post gets read and taken into consideration and these updates are rolled out over the next few weeks!

Then instead of adding all the old features back from the 2012 version they can work on the Anti Virus side of the product!

Good Luck Symantec Your going to need it this time

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2013 Just needs a huge overhaul - Too many features have being removed!!!!

Alot of apparent bug's, too. Some peole can't pin the Advanced screen in 2013. I have the exact opposite problem in N.I.S. 2013 on my pc. I turned off the a.v. long enough to update a driver, restarted my p.c., and re-enabled the a.v.. Now every time I open N.I.S., within a second, it's alway's on the Advanced screen. Huge pain in the a**.

Kudos0

I must be daft as I have just used 20.1.1.2 to build a local copy (xxx.DAT) of my Indentity Safe file and move it to another machine to import it. 

Now as to the rest of the findings, I believe you are being kind as required by the US ADA law (http://www.ada.gov/),  I see few steps forward with this software and HUGE steps backwards.  I wish I still had a copy of NIS2005 that I could use. 

Kudos8 Stats

Testing both NAV 2012 and 2013 on a number of machines lately, I must say that 2013 definitely seems like a step in the wrong direction:

* performance has deteriorated A LOT. With 2012 everything was snappy, things with 2013 take their time

* Boot protection does not work as described in 2013, plus at least on some of my machines it takes ages for the NAV icon to appear. Up to that point? No protection at all (tested it)

* No worthwhile (IMHO) features have been introduced in 2013

VERY dissatisfied... The lack of a release history thread for the various NAV/NIS/whatever program versions, to show what has been fixed/added complicates things even worse. At least, I could check if something was fixed, or see if something was improved for that matter. Just like Bitdefender does for its products.

Don't get me wrong, I like NAV and will continue with 2012 most likely, till the issues are sorted. But 2013 must get fixed

Kudos8 Stats

I have to agree with the above comments, if I didn't have so long left on my subscription I probably would move away from norton now. From the very 1st beta of 2013 I told them that their GUI looked like it was designed by a 6 yr old. The thing with norton though is they know many people will stay with them no matter what due to the online vault system with all the passwords auto fill. I am not one of them, and if all the problems are not sorted soon I will be bite the bullet and move away from norton. I hate having Facebook in toolbar, hate that the widget is gone, hate the wait now on startup, seems to make my pc stutter now at times, live update most of the time takes 3x longer to complete, hate the interface glitches.
Kudos2 Stats

I would like to add that I think the 'login assistant' & 'Vault open' tab names should be exchanged with each other as surely the logins should be listed under login assistant not credit card info (which should be really listed under vault).

I too hate the facebook addition.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

gibby95 wrote: 

This one might not have anything to do with Symantec.

Try to disable Morphological filtering in ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Or for NVIDIA turn off FXAA anti aliassing. In fact try the following settings.

ambient occulsion: off
Anisotropic Filtering: application controled
antialisiang - fxaa off
" " - gamma correction: on
" " - mode: application controlled
" " - setting: " "
" " - Transparency: Off

Kudos2 Stats

Hello it just so happens im a power user of catalyst control centre too!

I have always had that option disabled. My graphics card is tweaked perfectly

and display the best possibly display. All the other programs on my PC look sharp

and crisp HD there is only Norton GUI which seems a little blury  (Switched Products Now.) - I'm sticking around here but I no longer use Norton and have replaced it with Eset Smart Security 6 RC. Moment I see Norton improve

there product and make it better than the 2012 version I will return until then ill stick with eset.

Least they listen to there customer.

when Norton finally listens to its customer base mainly power users in these forums who know what there talking about.

Once Norton works out all these issues and provides some clear solutions i will return but until then

(I will off-course be visiting these forums still to check progress)

Kudos2 Stats

Mtn_IT wrote:

I must be daft as I have just used 20.1.1.2 to build a local copy (xxx.DAT) of my Indentity Safe file and move it to another machine to import it. 

Now as to the rest of the findings, I believe you are being kind as required by the US ADA law (http://www.ada.gov/),  I see few steps forward with this software and HUGE steps backwards.  I wish I still had a copy of NIS2005 that I could use. 

If you had a Local Vault in 2012 and upgraded to 2013 you will still have the Local Vault. A clean install of 2013 will not offer the Local Vault.

Jim

Kudos6 Stats

I agree - PLEASE Symantec do not ignore the wishes of YOUR LOYAL users in a MISGUIDED rush to compete(?) in the Windows 8 / Cloud world.

We buy Norton Security precisely because of the feature set and the fact that by and large it works!

I am particularly annoyed / concerned to hear that Identity Safe is in the cloud, unless you install over 2012, which is clearly just a short term sup to users' legitimate concerns and impractical. First uninstall / reinstall and you're ******!

Hopefully development and senior management read and act on comments posted here?

Customer from the earliest days of Norton.

Cheers

Martyn

Kudos2 Stats

NIS 2013 is very unstable on my machine. It causes runtime errors  in outlook express, icon disappearing from systray when opening mail program, autofix errors (3048,3) and the program feels very sluggish and unreliable. Never ever had a problem with NIS 2012. I have reinstalled 2012 and everything works smooth again. Looks like Norton is going back in time to becoming professional malware again.

Also strange I can only post messages in the forum by using this buggy internet explorer. It doesn't work with my up-to-date Opera browser. So much for safety.

Kudos0

What I have experienced om all new versions of Norton , is that after an installation , when you reboot it can takes several minutes for the Norton icon to appear , so customers think that there is something wrong . 

Tested with a XP system that the icon never showed up , had to delete Norton and Symantec folders , and then it worked finally . 

Unfortunately 2013 version is not as smooth as 2012 imo .  All this can change with the next patches being released , so lets hope they will listen to the users.

Why they removed Norton Gadgets is also a mystery to me .

Kudos1 Stats

Any timescale for this patch Symantic staff ?
Kudos1 Stats

*bump*
Kudos6 Stats

i love how there are NO responses from Symantec on these matters....

Kudos0

Mtn_IT wrote:
  I wish I still had a copy of NIS2005 that I could use. 

You could go that far back if you wish, but it would be better to use a later version.

If you want to go back to 2012 you can download it here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos5 Stats

As a relatively new Norton IS user (and new to the forums) I have to agree with all comments so far about this new release (2013).

I changed to Norton IS 2012 from another security product as the company concerned was messing about with the product so much that it was just hacking the users off - PLEASE NORTON - don't fall into the same trap.

IF you have released 2013 (how "fresh" fron BETA ?) just because of Bill Gates and Windows 8, then I'm not impressed,

Why not have a completely NEW version for Windows 8 so as not to hack off your Windows 7 and Windows XP users (I have both systems). Lost or different functionality rarely wins much support and new bugs like the sloooooooow startup should not be sorted out "real time".

I've manged to re-install 2012 on my Windows 7 machine and will stay on this version until or unless things get better with 2013.

Kudos3 Stats

We are definitely working on the issues faced by our users like slow start up etc., We will soon patch these.

If we look at the better side of our products, NIS 2013 and N360 2013 have been PC Magazine Editor's Choice for 9th time and  7th time respectively. 

Kudos3 Stats

I do hope that these issues will be resolved soon. On the bad side of things, I have been operating Acronis Drive Monitor for the last 2-3 years, which reports issues on the hard disk status both from the SMART layer (hardware) as well as by analysing the hard-disk-related events from Windows. I must say that after installing 2013 I have been receiving critical faults regarding failed hard disk transactions at Windows boot!!! I have received no critical faults at all in the 2 years using NOD 4.2 or in the 3 months of Kaspersky AV 2012 usage. Furthermore, no sign of physical problem seems to exist with the disk itself, in perfect SMART condition (both short and long tests tried).

I don't wish to alarm users beyond reason here, but I must say I became scared enough to uninstall NAV 2013 and re-install 2012 (which IIRC, did not exhibit any issues like this in the short duration of 2 weeks I've been trialing it)...

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit here.

When I get back at home I'll post the Windows 7 event details here.

Kudos0

carmik wrote:

I do hope that these issues will be resolved soon. On the bad side of things, I have been operating Acronis Drive Monitor for the last 2-3 years, which reports issues on the hard disk status both from the SMART layer (hardware) as well as by analysing the hard-disk-related events from Windows. I must say that after installing 2013 I have been receiving critical faults regarding failed hard disk transactions at Windows boot!!! I have received no critical faults at all in the 2 years using NOD 4.2 or in the 3 months of Kaspersky AV 2012 usage. Furthermore, no sign of physical problem seems to exist with the disk itself, in perfect SMART condition (both short and long tests tried).

I don't wish to alarm users beyond reason here, but I must say I became scared enough to uninstall NAV 2013 and re-install 2012 (which IIRC, did not exhibit any issues like this in the short duration of 2 weeks I've been trialing it)...

I hope you had fully removed NOD and Kaspersky before installing NIS. If not, that could have caused conflicts that could have shown themselves as you noted from your monitoring.

Kudos0

peterweb wrote:
I hope you had fully removed NOD and Kaspersky before installing NIS. If not, that could have caused conflicts that could have shown themselves as you noted from your monitoring.

I always remove both using the application uninstaller and also by using, as a precaution, the relevant cleaners, after the 1st uninstall. I handle a network of some 200+ clients plus some 10 servers running from Active Directory, to FreeBSD to you name it.  Just to note that I consider myself to be on the "literate" side of the user community :)

carmik wrote:

As for the event that triggered my attention:

Event Log:System
Source:     Ntfs
Date:    4/9/2012 9:09:19 PM
Event Id:136
Job category:(2)
Υπολογιστής:   Monolith
Description:
The default resource transaction on Volume Boot had an error at start and meta-data were restored...

Kudos3 Stats

Vishnu_Narala wrote:

We are definitely working on the issues faced by our users like slow start up etc., We will soon patch these.

If we look at the better side of our products, NIS 2013 and N360 2013 have been PC Magazine Editor's Choice for 9th time and  7th time respectively. 

And, what about bringing back the local vault (with clean install), and option to disable the share button?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Symantec-Please-Explain/td-p/808728

Kudos0

The reputation system needs to go out the window! My norton deletes medium risk files without my permision and then dosen't give me a recovery option. This needs to change I have lost more then 8gigs of downloads because not many people have download said file and it gets a medium risk level so it gets deleted wsithout asking.

Kudos3 Stats

vn:

> NIS 2013 and N360 2013 have been PC Magazine Editor's Choice for 9th time and  7th time respectively.

It's possible that Symantec's advertising budget might have some influence with magazines that accept advertising.

Employees of magazines are _writers_, not computer scientists.  Their opinions are often no better than experienced, well informed power users.  And sometimes worse.

How did NIS 2013 do in the AV-Comparatives tests?

Kudos0

excellent point!!

Employees of magazines are _writers_, not computer scientists.  Their opinions are often no better than experienced, well informed power users.  And sometimes worse.

Kudos0

The AV-Comparatives situation was not overlooked by Neil Rubenking.  It is one thing to disagree with someone's professional opinions, assuming you bothered to read them, quite another thing to question his integrity, honesty, and qualifications.

Kudos1 Stats

I also tend to treat AV reviews like car reviews. I suspect the reviewers only have a very brief experience with the product. It's only when you live with it for some time that you learn the shortcomings.

I'm still on NIS2011 as it just "works" with no known issues. This forum is full of NIS2012 woes and the NIS2013 woes are starting to build.

Each subsequent version should be an improvement not a backward step.

Come renewal time I'm definately looking around, especially for an ID Vault feature with a local datastore.

Lets be careful out there !
Kudos0

I wrote:

> It's _possible_ that Symantec's advertising budget _might_ have _some_ influence with magazines that accept advertising.

soj:

> It is one thing to disagree with someone's professional opinions, assuming you bothered to read them,

> quite another thing to question his integrity, honesty, and qualifications.

A more careful reading of what I actually wrote would acknowledge the _multiple_ qualifiers.

Moreover, a writer does what their management wants done, or else they could be looking for a new job.  In this economy.  Where print media is dying.

Consider all the magazines and newspapers that have gone out of business.  Lots.  A writer who "bites the hand that feeds them" increases their probability of seeking a new job ... at many (not all) publications.

Are you saying that this _never_ happens?

Note that nowhere above did I reference a specific writer or a specific print media.

Each reader may make their own inference.

You, however, did reference a specific writer (and magazine).

soj:

> The _AV-Comparatives_ situation was not overlooked by Neil Rubenking.

Symantec would not allow their 2012 product to be tested by AV-Comparatives.  Perhaps you meant that fact was "ignored" by the writer. 

If I were a writer, I would view any company/product that avoids being tested as a HUGE red flag.  Especially if (virtually) all of their competitors had that test done.

Kudos1 Stats

joen wrote:

A more careful reading of what I actually wrote would acknowledge the _multiple_ qualifiers.

Note that nowhere above did I reference a specific writer or a specific print media.

You were responding specifically to PCMag awarding their Editor's Choice to Norton products, on the basis of Neil Rubenking's reviews.  The implications of your comments about unethical practices and incompetent reviewers in that context are not ambiguous. 

Kudos0

Neil J. Rubenking of PC Magazine (referred to above), wrote on 9/19/2012 (just a few days ago!):

> some vendors are eliminating the year or version number from product names entirely.

> Norton and Kaspersky in particular have dropped the numbers.

Interesting.  That's a fine point that I hadn't picked up on, since everyone in this forum refers to it as "NIS 2013".  Including Symantec employees.

njr:

> We've identified three security suites that merit the honor of being named Editors' Choice, ...

> Norton Internet Security _2012_

What??

Let me see if I get this straight.  Twelve months (one year) after Symantec released NIS 2012, this writer reviewed it?

That's like writing an article (this month) on the Superbowl game that was played back in February.  He could predict that the NY Giants will beat the Patriots.  lol

njr:

> Smart firewall protects _without hassle_.

He obviously didn't do his homework.  If he had read this forum he would have seen a gazillion posts about the firewall  and how it "hassled" users.

See the thread "NIS2012 crashing with changes in firewall".

457 posts, 46 pages!

njr:

> All of the independent testing labs that I follow include Norton in their tests

That's false.

Four lines below that is a link  to _his own list_ of AV labs ("How we interpret AV lab tests").  Included in it is AV-Comparatives.  But Symantec would not allow AV-Comparatives to test NIS 2012.

If he had read AV-Test's results (8/2012) he would have seen that they rated Avast Free the same as NIS 2012 (total of 15 each).  And Zone Alarm Free got a 16!

Does that PC Magazine article read objectively?

Kudos3 Stats

I tend to agree that magazine reviews of products are often biased should some of their revenue come from companies that advertise in them ! They also, in my opinion, often appear to be reading directly from a script or press release rather than actually getting their fingers dirty and installing and using (and more importantly, upgrading) the product.

Like many products (cars, phones, tv's) there are often features and functionality that we like and would like to keep, but the designers have only one objective - new versions must be NEW and DIFFERENT , both from previous versions and competitor products. In the PC world, throw in the diktats of Microsoft and everyone has to jump when they say jump. Maybe the software world needs to look at the success of "retro" cars such as the Mini and VW Beetle where you have a tried and tested design but with modern technology under the hood (though VW have strayed into an uncomfortable balance in their latest version I feel).

My very reliable and still quite powerful desktop runs XP and will stay that way until the hardware gives out - much of the application software I have will have to stay at the release levels they are as newer releases move onto Windows 8 or 9 or 10.....

As a "newbie" to Norton IS (but not Norton as I have used Ghost for a number of years) I hope they continue to support operating systems that are still in widespread use - and that certainly includes XP and Windows 7 and that stable versions of their products (was or is 2012 "stable" ?) continue to work and especially with security engines, continue to receive anti-virus updates.

I found my 2012 install files and have reverted back to this version on my Windows 7 laptop - all working as it was with a super quick startup and that easy to see and use gadget - not sure I'll bother upgrading again and will review my products again at license renewal time.......

Kudos0

My concerns relate not to reviewers and their skills, qualifications or experience but to the products which I buy and use - Norton (NIS) being one of the key ones.

Any chance that we can have some considered feedback from the Symantec development team please on the obvious user concerns raised about the latest products.

Cheers

Bandolier

Kudos0

Norton 2013 is by far the best version released. Everything is now as it should be. Piece by piece, Symantec assembled the best security. Gadgets are no longer available in Windows 8. About the firefox betas... I agree. Your other suggestions are unneeded.

Kudos2 Stats

BorisVasilev22 wrote:

Norton 2013 is by far the best version released. Everything is now as it should be. Piece by piece, Symantec assembled the best security. Gadgets are no longer available in Windows 8. About the firefox betas... I agree. Your other suggestions are unneeded.

You got to be kidding. With all the problems with the 2013 versions reported on this forum its not the best by a long shot. Maybe when Symantec fixes the problems it will be a good product, but its not there yet.

Jim

Kudos0

I've uninstalled 2013 on two of my rigs, will also uninstall it on the other two as well. I've also instructed my home user clients (I was wise enought to leave pro users on 2012...) to revert to 2012 for the next six months or until the issues have really been eradicated (whatever comes last).

Big bummer for Symantec...

Kudos0

I think we need to jump to the 2014 beta!
Kudos0

I dont think they should put back Norton 2013 Windows Gadget, Because it is an old style & outdated element. They should create a cool toolbar button to show norton's current status, like "Dell Support Center" toolbar button that i've in my laptop.

Kudos0

Well I'm not watching here's reports, because many of them are nuisance, but I perform very deep testing myself on an unfinished Windows 8 and it hasn't got even one issue. Previous years I had to report so many issues and noone didn't lift a finger to fix them. Now things are different.

Kudos2 Stats

Yeah well I think that's the root of all the problems, Symantec have put to much emphasis on Windows 8, Windows 8, they have overlooked the coding for other windows versions!!! I for one won't be upgrading and im sure many others wont be 2. And as for the previous post regarding the widget, Kaspersky and Bitdefender have kept their widgets in the 2013 versions of their A/V and both of them are highly rated programs along with Norton........back to Windows 8, Windows 8 again!!! FORGET WINDOWS 8, AND GET IT WORKING CORRECTLY WITH RELEASED VERSIONS OF WINDOWS, NOT BETA VERSIONS!
Kudos2 Stats

BorisVasilev22 wrote:

I like the AV and firewall parts of NIS. But, I wouldn't call this as the best version, since Symantec forces users to use the online vault (with clean install), and there's no option to disable the share button on the toolbar: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Symantec-Please-Explain/td-p/808728

Furthermore, there is a very annoying bug in NIS2013's norton toolbar: It makes itself (the useless ask search) as the default search provider in ALL supported browsers: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Attn-Rowan-Trollope-ASK-and-Facebook-Please-didn-t-Symantec/m-p/806710/highlight/true#M3740.

And there are much more bugs in the current release: antispam not compatible with AMD processors: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/ccSvcHst-exe-Illegal-Instruction-error/m-p/813126#M218316, the GUI will load delayed: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Antivirus-2013-Icon-in-a-system-tray/m-p/806648/highlight/true#M217341, ... and much more...

Kudos0

I havent't expirienced these issues, but about the online vault... what do you want? Technology is evolving... In a few years your whole PC will be in the cloud, not only Norton's online vault... The share button - what does it do to you? You are not forced to use it. You can share if you want. It's very convinient for me and my friends, and family. The only thing that I don't like in the toolbar, is that the vault closes itself automatically. I want a setting that keeps it open all the time.

Kudos0

BorisVasilev22 wrote:

I am sorry, but the problems with the 2013 version are not of an aesthetic nature: personally I'm not interested at all in widgets and stuff. The 3 important things an AV should do is:

1) Stop viruses cold from the boot

2) Be light on resources

3) Be reliable

It's (1) above that got broken on my platforms, and that's what I have reported elsewhere, see http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Antivirus-2013-Icon-in-a-system-tray/m-p/817578#M219214 and http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/NAV-2013-PC-unprotected-even-when-boot-check-set-to-quot/td-p/807516

Kudos1 Stats

This new Norton products have worst UI of all time!

Why changing every year UI to new one? Make it one clean and nace leave it for 2 or 3 years like Kaspersky with 2013 and 2013 version!

For me and others proffesionals this UI is terreble! Most people will not like this new UI and wont chose Norton for they security protection!

Better hire some proffesional and creatvy graphic designers next time!

Kudos0

And still they have done nothing to fix these issues updates please?

Kudos1 Stats

I have to agree with vOid and past comments of your loyal customers....... the UI seems old and out-dated.  Norton Anti-Virus 2012 blows 2013 clearly out of the water..........aesthetically...!  Just 20 minutes ago I upgraded the Anti-Virus 2012 to 2013 and wish I hadn't. Talk about SLOW ---- it took almost 4 minutes for the Anti-Virus icon to appear in the sys tray.  As you can read "Norton" your loyal customers are alittle ticked off and RIGHTFULLY so.  We want a new UI and most importantly a product that is comparable or even BETTER than 2012..!

Kudos0

I've just renewed my subscription, but I agree. This version is rubbish! I never had any trouble with Identity Safe until now. I've reinstalled everything today because I couldn't get logged in, and I stil have the spinning circle when trying to access the online vault!

And for some folk to say that everyone will be using online storage in the future is just stupid. As far as I'm concerned, that leaves a path open for hacking. After all, you can't hack a computer if it's switched off! I want identity Safe back on my own computer.

I'm seriously thinking of asking for my money back if it's not sorted soon. Doesn't look like it though seeing as this thread was started in September!

Kudos0

What we want is a product that works - that SHOULD BE a given with a company like Symantec.

What we also want as users is CONTROL over our data. We are not all slaves to the cloud.

Just completed a Google Docs implementation and can absolutely say that not everything in the cloud is sweetness and light!!

I feel that some kind of response from Symantec, particularly on the Identity Safe changes, is well overdue!

Cheers

Bandolier

Kudos0

So after months of waiting around for a product update this is what we have got so far

some of the these features/updates have fixed a few of these issues

• Norton Toolbar Customization - (Allows you to remove the facebook share icon) (Not Present)

NIS 2013 Interface is blury at times this needs addressing with HD icons and text (Fixed)

Norton 2013 Windows Gadget removed due to security (Was Insecure so rightfully removed)

Norton Identity safe needs an offline option to store files locally not in cloud (Not Present)

The Management Bar icons and blur  (Fixed)

Norton Toolbar - Should be made compatible with firefox Betas Versions (Not Present)

Norton Needs to Boot Quicker on aggressive mode (Fixed)

Id still like to see an option to remove that facebook icon from the toolbarstill

Kudos0

gibby95 wrote:

So after months of waiting around for a product update this is what we have got so far

some of the these features/updates have fixed a few of these issues

• Norton Toolbar Customization - (Allows you to remove the facebook share icon) (Not Present)

Norton Identity safe needs an offline option to store files locally not in cloud (Not Present)

Norton Toolbar - Should be made compatible with firefox Betas Versions (Not Present)
  •  
  • Id still like to see an option to remove that facebook icon from the toolbarstill

I cannot see beta versions of any software being supported. Betas are often changed and re released on a daily basis. It is not possible to chase the moving target.

Your other issues are addressed in a post by Symantec employee Alejandrita

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Symantec-Please-Explain/m-p/825942/highlight/true#M4553

Kudos0

They still havent fixed the issue of migration of a minimalised toobar from 2012, where the toolbar stays stuck minimalised! I've said this before and ill say it again...How hard can it be to remove the facebook icon ??? Cant beleive 7 weeks from launch and this issue is still unresolved. I'm still not happy that the widget is not back, I don't care what people say about it's "security"....i miss it alot. Is it not ironic that the widget is removed from a god dam security program because the programmers cant make it secure ? And again I re-iterate the gui looks rubbish!!!.......again how hard would it of been to either re-do in the last 7 weeks or go back to 2012 gui ? It's like Norton only have 1 programmer on the job, and even he didn't bother checking weather the program ran good on Windows 7 and previous. I think he just checked it on Win 8 and said..."oh that's good to go" Oh yeah the new patch required a reboot....thats 3 and counting so far for a program that was said to be "re-bootless"

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.