• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Norton 2015 issues with Windows 8.1

I have been using Norton 360 for the past year with Windows 8.1 machine with no major problems. After switching to 2015 I am having the following issues: 1) Windows fails to shut down.  2) Norton icon sometimes won't show up in task bar; When this occurs, Norton won't start using the shortcut either. 3) On boot sometimes get the message "Failed to connect to a Windows Service" (Group Policy Client Service).

I have followed the advice to use Norton removal tool and reinstall Norton 2015. It seems to work for awhile and then these issues reoccur. I have been forced for now to remove Norton and enable Windows Defender; It is working without issue, but I would like to get Norton to work for it's additional features and get value for the money I have paid for this product. I got the Norton 2015 with backup version.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton 2015 issues with Windows 8.1

Hello

Have you disabled Fast Startup? That has been known to cause many problems for Norton as well as other products. To disable Fast Startup, please follow these instructions.

Please read this link for instructions.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Please come back and let us know  how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot, I downloaded a beta version and product key I received an email, but I have trouble signing in to the application. I enter a valid email and password, but writes that enter incorrect e-mail address or password. The final version everything is OK. Why???

Kudos0

Thanks, floplot. I've tried your suggestion and so far it appears to be working, though too early to tell for sure. Since fast start is the default setting for Windows 8.1, I would tend to think that numerous people would be having this problem?
Kudos1 Stats

SKIBA:

floplot, I downloaded a beta version and product key I received an email, but I have trouble signing in to the application. I enter a valid email and password, but writes that enter incorrect e-mail address or password. The final version everything is OK. Why???

The beta uses a beta account and not your regular Norton account.  If you don't have a beta account you will need to create one.

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos0

Hello crshnt15

Yes, many people have problems when they keep Fast Startup turned up.  The problems occur not only with Norton products. This is why we recommend to users of Win 8/8.1 to turn it off.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Krusty13:
SKIBA:

The beta uses a beta account and not your regular Norton account.  If you don't have a beta account you will need to create one.

Oh well. I'll wait for the final version.

PS.  On how long the delivered product key activate Norton beta? 30 days or maybe 60 days? 

Kudos0

Are you asking how long the beta will be activated for?  14 days, then you can renew for another 14 days.

If you are asking how long the key will be valid, my guess only is until the beta testing finishes.

I hope that helps.

Windows 10 x64 1903

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.