• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 2016 beta account sign in problem

OK I decided to try Norton 2016 beta, after Norton 2015 Internet security stopped running in the task tray for the umpteenth time.  I don't know why it does that, but periodically it seems it will stop running in the task tray and be manually inaccessible, although the services themselves are still running..  Anyway, after installing the beta, I tried logging into it with my usual account information to activate it but it didn't recognize it at all, so I was wondering if this is a bug or should I make a new account to get the 14 day extension?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 2016 beta account sign in problem

Not sure what product you are referring to. There is no Norton 2016 beta that I am aware of. Where did you see this?

Even if you do participate in a beta, the Account information is not your regular account, but is a separate account kept on a separate beta server. You would have to create a new account on that server.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I got it from here:

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/33361-norton_security_2016_beta

And if the beta does indeed use a different activation server, then that would certainly explain my difficulties..​

Kudos0

Sorry to tell you but as Peter said, there is no current beta testing.

That is a great example of why you should try and only download programs from their manufacturer and not third-party sites.

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos0

@ Krusty13, but the download was from Norton.  The link was straight to Norton's beta download page.  So if version 22.5.0.120 is the same version as NIS 2015, then why can't I use my account login to activate it?

Kudos0

That is the last beta version.  As mentioned already, you need a beta account to activate a beta program.  Also, no official beta testing currently.

The current released version is 22.5.2.15, so why would a beta have an older version number? 

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos0

LOL I feel like an idiot! :D  The only reason I did this was because NIS sometimes refuses to start up in the task tray for some reason, and only a removal and reinstall seems to fix it.  I guess I will have to go ahead and do it again, hopefully for the last time..

Kudos0

If you look at the date the beta was uploaded it was back in June. That would have been the beta for the testing of the Win 10 compatibility. That test has finished.

It was never called a 2016 product by Norton. This tag was given by some review sites and download sites.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.