• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 22.7 Version DOES NOT work with CISCO AnyConnect VPN

The latest patch of Notron Internet Security 22.7.0.76 does not work with Cisco AnyConnect VPN.  AnyConnect gives an error the Anti-Virus Software is not update, even though it is.

Did not have any problem with prior versions of Norton. Confimed this by installing prior version of Norton and Cisco AnyConnect was able to connect without any problem.

This needs to fixed ASAP because we cannot use VPN to connect to our office or We will stop using Notron!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 22.7 Version DOES NOT work with CISCO AnyConnect VPN

There was a similar issue with Juniper Host Checker recently.  The situation is that the antivirus checker is looking for the latest virus definitions, and Norton 22.7 has replaced those with SDS definitions.  The Host Checker problem was resolved when Juniper updated their product to look in the right place for the SDS definitions.  A similar fix will probably be necessary in your case, so you should let your office IT department know about this change in Norton.

I also use Cisco AnyConnect and have not seen this problem, so antivirus checking is probably optional, and not enabled on all systems.

The Juniper thread is here, if you would like to review it:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/problem-norton-security-227076

Kudos0

Hello

Perhaps Cisco AnyConnect has to come out with an updated version so that it accepts version 22.7.0.76 of the Norton line of products. Have you brought it up to their support Forum?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Company IT Dept. says they have standardized on CISCO AnyConnect Ver 3.1 (which is not the latest version). We cannot use any other version of AnyConnect. 

Since I use my personal laptop to connect, their response was to try McAfee or other Anti-Virus products.

Kudos0

Hello

Are you the only person in your company who is using Norton?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

In my team, whoever is using Norton on their personal Laptop have the exact same problem.   I am pretty sure is the case for all Norton users. Since this is on our personal laptops Company has no obligation to fix.

Kudos0

BTW, I have switched over to McAfee and things are working smoothly......

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.