• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 3.5.2.11 SONAR not loading in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Hi,

I have been having heck with Norton 360 today, from blocking all programs from accessing the internet to freezing Windows, after several restarts it is now on SONAR not loading but my computer is back to me, not in Nortonland. I have tried 5 times to uninstall 360 and haven't been successful, it just stays on Preparing to uninstall.... How can I fix this without having to uninstall Norton Ghost and running Norton Removal Tool.

Thanks,

AJ

[edit: Please keep post content clean per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Message Edited by shannons on 01-04-2010 07:09 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 3.5.2.11 SONAR not loading in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Hi aben

When you tried to install N360, did you use the direct link to N360.version 3.5?  I assume you don't have any other live time security running at the same time as N360 version 3.5. If you tried to install an older version than 3.5, you will have problems since that is the only version that is compatible with Win 7 right now other than version 4 beta.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

No other security software installed. I am with tech support, which to the life of me why in India, they have no clue on anything, I have been wasting more than hour with this person and she has no clue on fixing it.

What is next? Anybody in the US, please????

P.S. Tech support is trying to reinstall 360. We´ll see if it works.

Message Edited by aben2amu on 01-04-2010 05:12 PM
Kudos0

It worked.

Does anybody know if there will be a free update to v.4 when I have more than 600 days of subscription time?

P.S:  360 is acting up again, I am really getting tired of it,

Message Edited by aben2amu on 01-04-2010 06:44 PM
Kudos0

Once it is released, you will be able to upgrade to the latest version.  The upgrade will not affect the remaining days.
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.