• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

norton 360 and identity safe freezing all browsers

I guess we will look forward to norton ignoring the problem in the new year. There lack of concern and lack of information regarding this problem is un believable ! I have been a norton user and supporter for close to 20 years ! I don't recall how many people that I have referred to norton but it has been many! When my subscription expires I will no longer use norton!  I cannot believe they won't even take the time to address their users as to what is going on !

Replies

Kudos0

Re: norton 360 and identity safe freezing all browsers

gripp13 wrote:

I guess we will look forward to norton ignoring the problem in the new year. There lack of concern and lack of information regarding this problem is un believable ! I have been a norton user and supporter for close to 20 years ! I don't recall how many people that I have referred to norton but it has been many! When my subscription expires I will no longer use norton!  I cannot believe they won't even take the time to address their users as to what is going on !

Hi,

You don't mention which version of 360 you are running nor your operating system. I have Norton running on my primary drive and two test drives. identity safe is active on all and I am able to use the browser of my choice.

There were some problems late last year that have since been corrected and updates have kept the products current so that you are getting the best possible protection from a single security product.

Please make sure that both your operating system and yor Norton product are current. Then if you are still experiencing problems do post back with as much information as possible so that both the volunteers and the staff can do their best to resolve them. As always

Stay well and surf safe

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Re: norton 360 and identity safe freezing all browsers

Hi gripp13,

I did not have the problem of N 360 and ID Safe freezing all browsers, but I did have the use of the online vault cause delays in operaton of the ID Safe function - like click Open Vault - wait almost 10 seconds for the drop down to appear, sleect All Log-ions and wait another 10 seconds for the logins to appear, click a login and wait 10 seconds for it to go to the login page, wait another 10 seconds for the login page to display and 10 more seconds for it autofill and then 10 more seconds for it to diplay.

I contacted Tony Weiss per the following link @ his email address and got the patch for the upcoming release of vesion 20.2.1.22, installed it and all is back to what I consider normal operation - no more delays.  Not sure it might fix yours, but if you really want to try it prior to it being released publicly, follw the instuctions that follow:

3. How can I manually install these patches?

You can see the announcement  here:

The anouncement includes the following:
 3. How can I manually install these patches?
All customers will receive the patch once we have confirmed its effectiveness. However, if you did not receive the 20.2.1 update and wish to apply the patch immediately, please contact Tony Weiss via email (address is visible on profile) requesting the patch. Be sure to use "Update 20.2.1 patch request" as your subject, and include the product (Norton Internet Securty, Norton AntiVirus, Norton 360 Standard or Norton 360 Premier). Expect a reply within 24 hours.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.