• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Norton 360 and IE8 beta

Since downloading IE8, every time I open it, Norton 360 tells me that my browser is not set to detect fraudulent sites or approve those that are OK.   Sometimes after clicking on "Fix" and all is OK per Norton 360 main screen, it will repeat the warningHow do I deal with this.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 and IE8 beta

Since IE8 is still BETA, you may experience issues with product compatibility. Until IE8 is released, there may continue to be compatibility issues between our released products and the Beta software. Perhaps other customers have experienced these same issues and can offer you a workaround.
Kudos0

I'm having the same problem with the Phishing protection turning off. Any idea when IE8 will become supported?  The solution posted is from an April date, so I'm curious now that it's the end of October when we can expect some resolution.

Kudos0

Any idea when IE8 will be finalized and RTM? <s>

I'm sure Norton are keeping in touch with IE8 betas but they won't change anything in their own product until Microsoft (or anyone else) makes up their mind what they are going to issue.

Hugh
Kudos0

That makes sense, thanks for the response! Not a techy type, just your average every day user trying to figure things out.  Maybe I'll uninstall IE8 for the time being.  I keep forgetting to "fix" the Phising protection and I'm not sophisticated enough about this stuff to know how much risk that leaves open.

Thanks, again!

Kudos0

MissDune wrote:

[ ... ]Maybe I'll uninstall IE8 for the time being.  I keep forgetting to "fix" the Phising protection and I'm not sophisticated enough about this stuff to know how much risk that leaves open.

Probably the simplest solution. I stick with IE7 myself.

Hugh
Kudos0

IE8 has a new feature called SmartScreen that is Microsoft's version of an Anti-Phishing filter. You can turn this feature on or off (Tools-->Smart Screen Filter... ) but either way it interfers with Norton 360's Anti-Phishing. Like they said, Norton doesn't intend to do anything about it until IE8 is out of Beta.

I just leave on SmartScreen and don't worry about the Norton 360 messages, since the sites are still being checked for Phishing and other nastiness, just by Microsoft instead of Norton.

Kudos0

Thank you so much for the explanation and reassurance. This makes me feel better about the situation--exactly what I needed! Thank you!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.