• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 and Norton identity protection

Had an issue with my account and called support. Issue was solved, but then at the end of the discussion agent offered me to renew my Norton 360 subscription for 50% off (subscription was ending in 3 weeks anyway). Of course i accepted.

today i went back into my account to make sure all was fine...to discover that i was now also subscribed to Norton Identity Protection. (that subscription has a different product number). Really did not appreciate that they added another subscription WITHOUT asking or letting me know. i called and was told that the subscription is FREE because it is included in the renewal package. i asked if i would be charged for it next year at renewal time and was told NO. 

I just dont believe these people; something makes me say this is fishy; why not telling me about when i renewed yesterday my 360 subscription ? and the fact that it has a separate product id makes me believe it is considered a separate subscription (not just included in the package). Besides, the agent today was very "pushy" in making me understand that this is a great benefit and it was good for me, not really interested in listening to my concerns

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them ? any advise on how to handle this ? 

Appreciate any input

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 and Norton identity protection

Hello

Welcome to Norton Community Forum

Here are some FAQ for Norton Identity Protection.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v118348843_EndUserProfile_en_us

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

As the support rep pointed out, there is no fee for the Norton Identity Protection service as long as you always renew your product with Norton, and do not just purchase a new product key from another source.

It is up to you if you want to use that service, as you have to give a lot of personal information including your SSN. This is required for the service to properly monitor activity in your name, such as taking out loans, credit cards, etc.

If you do not want that service, you do not have to enroll, or give any of that information. It cost you nothing, so you have lost nothing. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

my concern was more on the way Norton added this "subscription" without telling me about.

Was sold a discounted 360 subscription and used the occasion to add another subscription without consent.  i understand it is free, but as you all know these "add-on" subscriptions always become an issue when you stop the subscription of the main service (in this case the 360). If it is truly free they should make it a part of 360 and NOT a separate item.

Had subscription issues a couple years ago with Norton; same type of situation. was subscribed without knowledge, ended up having 2 accts and automatic renewals on both. 

Kudos0

Kudos0

Hello tapa

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

What is it that you would like to ask us?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.