• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 Backup Settings Question

All,

I have N360 v 3.5.2.11 installed and running.  I would like the backup utility to *only* back up files in certain folders, regarless of type of file.

It seems N360 wants to back of *all* files of certain types (jpegs and docs and others).

For example, let's say a friend sends me jpg pictures of his dog that I'd like to keep on my computer.  But, I do not want, or need, Norton to back those up. 

Family jpg pictures, on the other hand, are in another folder and are a bit more important.  I do want N360 to back those up. 

How do I configure the backup utility to save files within certain folders of one type, but not files in another folder of the same type?

Thanks in advance,

-Shawn

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Backup Settings Question

All,

I have N360 v 3.5.2.11 installed and running.  I would like the backup utility to *only* back up files in certain folders, regarless of type of file.

It seems N360 wants to back of *all* files of certain types (jpegs and docs and others).

For example, let's say a friend sends me jpg pictures of his dog that I'd like to keep on my computer.  But, I do not want, or need, Norton to back those up. 

Family jpg pictures, on the other hand, are in another folder and are a bit more important.  I do want N360 to back those up. 

How do I configure the backup utility to save files within certain folders of one type, but not files in another folder of the same type?

Thanks in advance,

-Shawn

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Backup Settings Question

Hi shawnerz

I see 2 solutions.

As you say you keep 2 maps where these jpg files are separated.

In the "What" section of the backup you can click on "Additions and exclusions"

Or you exclude the one map from the backup set if both maps make part of your backup set.  

Or you include the other map to the backup set if both maps don't make part of your backup set.

(You can choose between drives or choose to backup only "My documents", I don't know where your maps are located.

Kind regards

RHE

Message Edited by RHE on 11-25-2009 07:39 PM

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.