• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 blocking good sites/pages

I'm working on a client's site. I created this page just now and Norton comes up with this huge message stating to not visit this site:

http://insurance.ultratrust.com/life-insurance-accounts-receivable-financing.html

I had to click on the button that said something like "trust anyway" but there is not malware, no virus, no spyware on the site as far as I know. What kind of algorithm is Norton 360 using? It seems like Norton 360 is giving out false readings of some sites.

Is anyone else getting false readings from Norton 360 blocking good pages and/or sites?

Thank you,

Victor

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 blocking good sites/pages

I'm working on a client's site. I created this page just now and Norton comes up with this huge message stating to not visit this site:

http://insurance.ultratrust.com/life-insurance-accounts-receivable-financing.html

I had to click on the button that said something like "trust anyway" but there is not malware, no virus, no spyware on the site as far as I know. What kind of algorithm is Norton 360 using? It seems like Norton 360 is giving out false readings of some sites.

Is anyone else getting false readings from Norton 360 blocking good pages and/or sites?

Thank you,

Victor

Kudos0

Hi vkimura,

I am able to get to the site without any problem.  Also the site is "Norton Trusted," so is considered very safe.  I'm not sure why you received the page block.  Do you continue to get this?

Kudos0

vkimura

You said

I created this page just now and Norton comes up with this huge message stating to not visit this site:

I'm going to guess that Norton hadn't had time to test the page to verify that it was safe. So, rather than let you fall into a new black hole it refused you access. I'm also guessing that if you return there now all will be well

Testing takes time - I'd say ask a test technician but I've heard some of their comments on a bad and they should not be repeated in polite company

See the reply above as a confirmation that all appears to be well now

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.