• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 blocking windows 10 mail app help!

Hi! So I'm having problems with Norton 360 blocking the windows 10 mail app from syncing my email. I already tried to allow it through the firewall but I'm still missing a component. If anyone knows how to fix it that'd be great.

Labels: Windows 10

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 blocking windows 10 mail app help!

Try resetting your Firewall.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I did that and now All of the store apps (except for store) won't launch. I can't find these apps file names when browsing the computer. Is there anything else I can do?

Kudos0

Curious, did you sign in to W10 by your Windows account eg: hotmail

Kudos0

Yup, it's a school outlook account
Kudos0

hi Jesgri12

I ask as I don't know, is the School Hotmail Account personal to you or is it a group Account?

When using windows Mail and download & to use many of the apps I believe you need to be logged into your personal Windows Account, I think you may be able to use other email clients such as Googlemail, Yahoo and the like but not sure how that works as I have never tried it.

Michael

Kudos0

It's a personal one. When I try to to log into the windows mail app it would give me a Microsoft code that says it was being blocked by my antivirus. Now, however, all the Microsoft apps are refusing to open including calendar etc because I reset my firewall.
Kudos0

hi Jesgri12

If you go to Settings from the main Norton UI then Firewall - Program Control scroll to see how Norton Firewall is dealing with various programs is it set as Allowed for Mail and Store?

Michael

Kudos0

I am having exactly the same problem on 2 computers. The syncing failed after a Norton update. The Mail and Store are allowed on both of my computers. It works on computers that do not use Norton.

Kudos0

Modern UI Apps can have difficulties (or not work at all) if the Windows FW Service is not running. The service is an important Windows element, and as such, is treated (by Windows) as a separate "piece", apart from the active (or inactive) "Windows FW" and "Windows Defender" components...

I would suggest having a look in the Windows "Computer Management" console and verifying that the service is set to Auto-Start (when Windows starts) and that it is currently running...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.