• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 fails backing up Dropbox folder

I have been trying to use Norton 360 to backup some files on my computer and keep getting a 'failure'.  I have created a new backup set (multiple times) and deleted old sets.  I have added the folders I want to backup one at a time and the issue seems to be tied to backing up the Dropbox folder.  The backup gets to 99% and then fails showing there is an encrypted file without any name or path displayed in the details.  I have tried this backup with Dropbox running and with it paused without any difference.  I have searched using 'cypher' for the encrypted file multiple times and not found anything.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Labels: Backup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 fails backing up Dropbox folder

When I run backup it will stop at 98% and I get a message that says to make sure all  your files are closed when running backup.All my files are closed when I run back.I did notice that it only started to stop backing up to 100% When i started getting updates all the time to download Windows 10.before it would  always back up 100% every time I ran backup.

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 fails backing up Dropbox folder

Same here, I excluded Norton folders, Mawarebytes folder, common files folder & managed to complete backup but then have problems running the backup again. 

This for me began after the Norton update which was then removed by Norton from its servers & rereleased due to a problem.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.