• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton 360 Folder Exclusion Not Working

It appears that Norton 360's folder exclusion is not working properly on 22.8. I have added two folders to the exclusion list however when I purposely open a file that I know Norton doesn't like Norton removes the so-called threat. Folders added to the exclude list are supposed to be ignored however this is not the case.

Labels: Firewall

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 Folder Exclusion Not Working

Where are you exactly excluding the folders from? You need to exclude them from sonar and under Admin exclusions. 

Kudos0

I am excluding by going to the anti-virus settings and then items to exclude from scans and items to exclude from auto-protect, sonar, and download intelligence. then choosing the correct folders. this worked fine in 22.7.  

Kudos0

Hello

There are 2 lines where you have to enter those folders under Settings>Antivirus>Scans and Risks>Exclusions/Low Risks

Configure on Items to Exclude from Scans and

Configure on Items to Exclude from Auto=Protect, SONAR, and Download Intelligence

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

correct. That is what I mentioned in my previous post. the folder I am referring to is excluded in both places.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.