• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 Full Scan

Hi,

Besides the trojan threats and such...How do you turn off the full scan?? Now it seems every 10 minutes that I am away from the computer theres the little white box telling me that its doing a full scan..how many does it do in one day? Its just keeps running . Please help!!

Thank you

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Norton 360 Full Scan

You could set the idle timeout to 30 minutes. From my experience,It runs because it never gets to complete the scan, so each time the idle reaches 10 min it resumes where it left off at. Just let the thing run by clicking "full scan" and take an hour coffee break.I'm not an expert here but an experienced Norton user. I do a full scan about every 5 days. You need to do a full scan, but if you interrupt it the scan never completes.
Kudos0

Yes. As said in the previous post, an idle full system scan that starts when idle conditions are met, stops half-way through when you get back to work on your pc  and dats why you see it scan the system several times.

Kudos0

Hi humminbird

The background idle scan does not have an impact on your use of your PC. It kicks in when the idle timer has gone past its set period and suspends itself should you recommence using your system again. As has already been pointed out it will continue its scans every time the idle timer kicks in until it has run its full scan. My recommendation is to just leave it as it is as it is not impacting your PC use even though you find the pop up distracting. The next release NIS which is currently in Beta allows for turning the idle time notifications off (not the function just the notification) and I would expect the next release of Norton 360 to folow suit.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.